Koodo Community

Community

Solved

upgrade my koodo t989dusing t mobile t989 not a version

I know this has Been covered, but please forgive me, I have ADD, and struggle in searches. So I have a 4 yr old kooko Samsung galaxy's S II X, recently found T989 root zip and files to enable upgrade to Android 5., I still rely on this phone, can a kooko ver d be upgrade using tells, etc files...Thanks so much guys I follow this blog, you guys are the best.
icon

Best answer by Andrew 10 December 2015, 07:39

It should work fine, when rooting a phone it's always important you use the roms available for your corresponding model number. That being said the model number S2X for telus/koodo is SGH-T989D (SGH-T989 is for T-mobile) but that's generally okay.  

For instance when I rooted my old galaxy note I had to use the file for the  AT&T SGH-717 (when the model I has was the SGH-717i). 

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 3
It should work fine, when rooting a phone it's always important you use the roms available for your corresponding model number. That being said the model number S2X for telus/koodo is SGH-T989D (SGH-T989 is for T-mobile) but that's generally okay.  

For instance when I rooted my old galaxy note I had to use the file for the  AT&T SGH-717 (when the model I has was the SGH-717i).