Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Unresponsive touch screen!

The touch screen on my Moto G is not working, I can't do anything, trying to let the phone battery die in hopes it will fix itself when it reboots and recharges. I can push the power button, but can't use touch screen to select power off!!! Can't answer calls, or texts!!! Help! Anyone else have this problem? know any solutions?

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Does the phone have any physical damage? Did you maybe drop it recently? Try doing what you did, waiting until it turns off and trying to turn it on. If it still doesn't work i would recommend bringing your phone to a Koodo store and they will take a look at it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Press and hold the Power button for 7 - 10 seconds, the device will restart and go through the boot-up sequence.
I've dropped my phone lots of times, but never had any problems with it that rebooting it couldn't solve! It's so frustrating! I was in the middle of texting someone and the screen just stopped working, I can see new emails and apps that are updating themselves, but can't touch the screen to clear it...the notification light is driving me nuts...I want to be able to use my phone! The battery's almost dead, so I'll see what happens when It turns off & I recharge it!
Userlevel 6
prettygirl1 wrote:

I've dropped my phone lots of times, but never had any problems with it that rebooting it couldn'...

Its possible that its an interior problem...it seems like your touch screen may have died...try bringing it to a store and see what they have to say.
THANKS DENNIS!!!!! It worked! Phone rebooted and now the screen works just fine! You are a lifesaver! Top notch advice! 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
prettygirl1 wrote:

THANKS DENNIS!!!!! It worked! Phone rebooted and now the screen works just fine! You are a lifesa...

Only for the prettygirl!