Koodo Community

Community

Solved

unregistered SIM

Yesterday and this morning I had no service. Phone said Unregistered SIM? Now it's back to normal?

11 replies

Some times it's just a hardware issue so just reset your phone, remove the sim and re insert it. If you find it happening a lot just order a new sim or go into a koodo dealer to get a replacement.
Userlevel 7
One thing to check, should this ever happen again, is Settings / Wireless and Networks / Mobile Network / USE 2G ONLY This setting should be disabled as Koodo Doesn't support it.
I had similar problem which I solved it by disabling "Use 2G Only" option. Koodo uses 3G Network and does not Cover 2G networks. Thanks Chad Burr.
mine says unable to register on network my sim card wont alow it what does that mean?
Userlevel 7
Robert Parker wrote:

mine says unable to register on network my sim card wont alow it what does that mean?

Did you try the suggestions listed above?
yes
Userlevel 4
Robert Parker wrote:

yes

What kind of phone do you have?
Robert Parker wrote:

yes

LG
Userlevel 4
Robert Parker wrote:

yes

What kind of LG?
I tried all suggestions and it still says unregistered 😞
Userlevel 7
Kali Em wrote:

I tried all suggestions and it still says unregistered :(

Kali if you've tried everything here then there is a good possibility that a) your sim card has failed b) your phones sim reader has failed c) both

My suggestion to you would be to try a sim from another network or another koodo sim if you can get one (like a friends sim) and see if you either get a message about your network being locked or the phone works. If neither of those things happen it's time for a new phone. If either of them happen then it's time for a new sim. It's not uncommon for them to fail. What phone do you have Kali?