Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Unlocking Samsung Phone

I have a Samsung S4, purchased it August 2014 with an 18-month contract on a $55 dollar plan in Vancouver, BC. My original account was deleted for delayed payments since I had left the country. When I created my new account I had paid for the remainder of what I owed for the phone. This was in September of 2015. Now I am trying to unlock this Samsung S4, however, I am told that I cannot do this. Apparently, this phone was never associated with my new account but was still in my deleted profile (something that I do not quite understand). I had been using this phone without a problem almost a year after September 2015. I had bought a new phone, and now I want to use my other phone with a different carrier. I called Customer Services, and I was told that it cannot be done since there is a limited time period when you can unlock your phone. I was never told about this, and there was nothing written on the website. I was told, I need to reactivate my old phone so that it can be associated with my current account. Thus, allowing it to be unlocked. I have completed paid my phone off, and I have been using it for two years. Even when I switched my account, my phone worked perfectly. I do not understand how my phone was linked to an account that was deleted during the Summer of 2015.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Go on eBay.ca

Cheaper. Easier in your case. 
Robert wrote:

Go on eBay.ca

I would, but I need to use my old phone since I am trying to give it to someone to use while they visit Canada for four months.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Go on eBay.ca

Why don't you unlock it on eBay then? 
Userlevel 7
Robert wrote:

Go on eBay.ca

Jorge,

You can buy a unlock code from any vendor you want. You never send your phone away, they provide you a code and you enter it on the phone yourself.