Koodo Community
Question

unlocking phone

• 25 September 2013
  • 12 replies

I have an old koodo phone which I have not used for about 1 year. I have moved to Florida and have a phone there but my US phone is acting up and I want to use my phone I bought in Canada. How can I get it unlocked to change service?

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You have to have an active account that's in good standing for 90 days and Koodo will unlock it for you for a charge of $50. If not, you have to seek a 3rd party unlocking service online
Userlevel 4
http://www.gsmliberty.net/shop/ or http://cellunlocker.net/
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You have to have an active account that's in good standing for 90 days and Koodo will unlock it f...The 3rd party services that Tyler recommended are much cheaper than Koodo doing it. The most it's ever been to unlock a phone for me was $29.99 from GSM LIBERTY and that was because it was a brand new phone that just came out. Older phones are usually much cheaper
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You have to have an active account that's in good standing for 90 days and Koodo will unlock it f...Unless it's an iPhone of course
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You have to have an active account that's in good standing for 90 days and Koodo will unlock it f...Wouldn't know lol. Is it expensive for iPhone unlocking from 3rd party services?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You have to have an active account that's in good standing for 90 days and Koodo will unlock it f...Like $90-150... and your first born 😛
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You have to have an active account that's in good standing for 90 days and Koodo will unlock it f...Holy beep that's ridiculous. Another reason not to buy an iPhone 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You have to have an active account that's in good standing for 90 days and Koodo will unlock it f...i know right! That's why it's better to buy an unlocked one to begin with direct from Apple
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You have to have an active account that's in good standing for 90 days and Koodo will unlock it f...iPhone unlocking isn't always expensive. AT&T unlocking can cost as little as $2. I've previously been able to unlock Telus/Koodo iPhones for $35-40, but the price has risen to $87 with my unlocker (the same one that charges $2 for AT&T).