Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Unlocking a Koodo Phone

Hello. I have a cell phone, Samsung Galaxy Ace CT S5890, that was previously on a koodo plan (not mine but a family member). The plan is no longer active so 'SIM is not activated'. I would like to use the phone for only 'as needed' service via a prepaid sim. Does Koodo need to supply an unlock code so that I can do this? Thanks.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
No, you can use any unlock service you like, such as unlockbox.ca or cellunlocker.net. Probably cheaper too 🙂
Sophia wrote:

No, you can use any unlock service you like, such as unlockbox.ca or cellunlocker.net. Probably c...

Hey thanks for the info... appreciate it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If it was on a Koodo plan before. The phone is either unlocked or locked to telus/Koodo already. So no, no unlock should be required. You would just get an appropriate sized SIM card from Koodo and you will be good to go.
Chadwick wrote:

If it was on a Koodo plan before. The phone is either unlocked or locked to telus/Koodo already. ...

It is locked but the Koodo option is good to know. Thanks for replying.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chadwick wrote:

If it was on a Koodo plan before. The phone is either unlocked or locked to telus/Koodo already. ...

This is of course only valid if, your end goal is to get a plan with Koodo lol
Chadwick wrote:

I hear you... independence is the best option ;->
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chadwick wrote:

Yes it sure is.