Koodo Community

Community

Solved

unlocked Verizon Galaxy 3 will it work with a koodo sim card in it in Canada

It is a sch1535 will it work with a koodo sim card in canada will voice text and data worked and will the data be less than 3g

6 replies

Userlevel 3
http://koodomobile.com/en/on/switch2koodo-step-1-c.shtml click this link and input your IMEI # into that tool. That'll tell you your answer! give it a star of this answers your question
Userlevel 1
Isn't Verizon CDMA? I'm not sure that can that be used with Koodo, or it's at least very complicated. Hopefully somebody more in the know can chime in on this. Also, TELUS going to start killing it's CDMA network, so if this is to be a long-term phone, it might not have too many years of use even if you could get it working.
Userlevel 3
Humberto Giambrone wrote:

Isn't Verizon CDMA? I'm not sure that can that be used with Koodo, or it's at least very complica...

I know it's HSPA for sure! I just don't know if it's CDMA.....
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
No it will Not work it is strictly a CDMA device that was specifically built for verizon
Userlevel 1
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

No it will Not work it is strictly a CDMA device that was specifically built for verizon

I thought I read on these forums in the past that unlocked CDMA devices could work, but it's complicated. From what I understood, the hard part is the unlocking, but once that's done, there is a way. I could look it up, but too busy right now.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Koodo's systems will not allow a non-koodo MEID to be registered to a Koodo account.