Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Unlocked phone to use Kooko SIM card, then changed phone number, phone identity shows old number

Using Desire 601, unlocked it, then popped in my Koodo SIM Card.  Flawless.
Then I changed my phone number, that too went well.  When I dial out or text, it shows the new number.
However, under Options, About, Phone Identity, it still shows the old number.  Is it possible to change this??
icon

Best answer by Paul Deschamps 21 April 2016, 15:56

It's not possible to manually change that number. Have you tried turning the phone off and then powering it back on again and see if it changed? Try doing that but pulling out the SIM Card while powered off then relaxing the sin card and turning it on again. If not a factory reset of the device may do the trick just make sure to back up any info such as contacts, photos ect before as it will wipe your device.

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It's not possible to manually change that number. Have you tried turning the phone off and then powering it back on again and see if it changed? Try doing that but pulling out the SIM Card while powered off then relaxing the sin card and turning it on again. If not a factory reset of the device may do the trick just make sure to back up any info such as contacts, photos ect before as it will wipe your device.