Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Unlocked phone not recognizing my sim

hello I bought a phone and want to use my koodo but is not recognising my sim... phone recognises sim but sim isnt setting up network or something.. I did the IMEI check and returned no results, the phone is a china phone, lenovo A850 i thought it would be supported. please help!

9 replies

Userlevel 3
Click this link and insert the IMEI # http://koodomobile.com/en/on/phonecompatibility.shtml While in North America Koodo phones are compatible with HSPA 850/1900 MHZ frequencies.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Make sure the phone is set to 3g and not 2g
Userlevel 7
Phones from China rarely work with telecoms over here due to the frequency/network differences, at least from my experience.
the specs say that it is hspa compatible and I am on wcdma only which is to my understanding 3g?
Userlevel 5
HSPA comparable with what frequencies? Koodo requires 850 and 1900 MHZ
Hi Jason. Have you found a solution? I have the same phone. I just got off the phone with a koodo rep. I was told that koodo typically doesn't support dual sim phones. And it's because of the specs. gsmarena.com has the specs as: GSM 900 / 1800 / 1900 - SIM 1 & SIM 2 GSM 850 / 1800 / 1900 - SIM 1 & SIM 2 and for G3: HSDPA 900 / 2100 HSDPA 850 / 1900 It seems like it should work.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
From the way those specs are laid out, I'd say there are either 2 models of the phone or the 2 sim slots have different specs. Have you tried both?
Hi. Yes I've tried both. The second sim slot is 2g only. The phone won't pick up a mobile signal. I can surf the net when on wifi.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If only one slot on the phone is 3G capable, I'd say that there are indeed 2 versions of the phone, one with HSDPA 900 / 2100 and one with HSDPA 850 / 1900. If there was only one version that supported all 4, it would typically be listed as: HSDPA 850/900/1900/2100.