Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Unlock codes not working after update to 4.3 on a Samsung S3

I bought the phone from the Koodo booth at my local mall. When I got home, it ran a final updates to OS4.3. I requested (for fun) my unlock code from the Koodo website. One was issued, and the instructions too. I did the 2945#*970# action on my phone and I got this error message: "USSD code running..." "Connection problem or invalid MMI code" The IEMI code matches what was on the website.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You do realize that you got charged $50 for the unlock code that you requested "for fun"?
Yes I do and it's faster from Koodo than it would have from any "other" site on the web.
Userlevel 7
Arthur D. Nixon wrote:

Yes I do and it's faster from Koodo than it would have from any "other" site on the web.

cellunlocker.net unlocked my G2 for 8 bucks, an HTC Desire for my co worker for $15, and my Moto G for $15 all within 5 minutes.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Arthur D. Nixon wrote:

Exactly and I use GSMLIBERTY.COM for 3 phones and had the code within 5 - 15 minutes & cost from $20 - $30.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You have a strange idea of fun, but to each his own. Have you tried entering the unlock code after putting a non koodo sim in the phone? Could be the command code that changed. If the error is still the same, you can call tech support and have them log a trouble ticket. The network team will then follow up with Samsung to determine what the error with the unlock code is. It has happened a few times before with Samsung unlock codes.
Thanks Timo for the reply. Will give them a try on Monday. Maybe it is a coding issue or something with Samsung.
And I do not have a SIM from another carrier I can try.
The 4.3 update introduces a "security feature" which requires carrier- or region-locked phones to be activated once on the original locked network before the unlock code will work. This is to help prevent grey-market phone exports of a model designed for one region to another. Have you put the SIM in and let the phone register itself on the Koodo network?
I did rite from the Koodo booth. I requested the unlock code after I got home and my phone had alrwady updated to 4. 3
Try Samsung's code to unfreeze and access the unlock prompt:

#7465625*638*#

Then enter your unlock code when prompted.

If that fails, you may need a SIM from another carrier (ask to borrow one from your buddies/family members). Put the non-Koodo SIM in, restart the phone, wait for the prompt then enter the unlock code.

Edit: The #2945 code appears to be specific to LG devices, not Samsung... Are you 100% sure you specified the make/model correctly when purchasing the unlock?