Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Unlimited text and picture messaging...NOT!!

Does anyone else have the $30 plan...unlimited text message and video and picture messaging?and 100 minutes? but you cant get your picture messages, because you have to turn your data off. But when you turn your data back on to download a picture...it still won't come through??. This is getting very frustrating...I have 2 messages I cant recieve, If I leave my data on...I get charged $7.50 every few days...from my apps that are built in on my phone...are getting updates. Please help me get this straight....

8 replies

Userlevel 7
On your phone, go to playstore>settings>Auto updates> select over wifi only. Also depending on your phone, the answer in this link may apply to you http://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/change_apn_to_disable_internet_while_enabling_mms_on_samsung_ace_2
Daniel Kim wrote:

On your phone, go to playstore>settings>Auto updates> select over wifi only. Also depending on ...

thanks for the info...I did what you said...and app updates...wifi was checked off already.
Userlevel 1
Call koodo you have unlimited text every koodo plans Deped on your plan if relly old you may not have unlimited text new plans do I hope this helps take care
I'm ikaros fan wrote:

Call koodo you have unlimited text every koodo plans Deped on your plan if relly old you may not...

I do have unlimited texts and picture messaging, but they told me I have to turn my data off so the app updates aren't using data, then when the data is off...I can't receive picture messages...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
http://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/data-and-how-to-make-the-most-of-it
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Also if you turn on data while connected to a wifi source (wifi does not even ned an internet connection) no data would be used while you download your picture messages
Dennis wrote:

Also if you turn on data while connected to a wifi source (wifi does not even ned an internet con...

I can't receive the pictures if the wifi is on
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

Also if you turn on data while connected to a wifi source (wifi does not even ned an internet con...

Wifi on while Data is on. This way Data leakage wont occur. But the Data pipeline will be open to allow MMS downloads