Koodo Community

Community

Unlimited data for Play Music

Userlevel 1
I would like to have the unlimited data option for the music streaming to be included in the canada wide plans like the other companies are doing (videotron and telus I think). I would like to be able to use it with at least Google Play Music and Songza. so that my data wont be fed up with only my music. Thank you

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Yes that's the dream.
But unlikely to occur.
No company has been able to make money at the unlimited data game.
Even for just music streaming.
Although obviously I support your idea 😛
Userlevel 5
Mitchell Palmater wrote:

Yes that's the dream.
But unlikely to occur.
No company has been able to make money at the unlimi...

To qualify Rogers makes money, with its UNLIMITED DATA PLANS that's hard wired to your house and pricing according to data speed. But like "other" telecoms, can't make money off cell phone data?
I would put at the very least Spotify and Google Play music. It could be compatible with those with a 1gb plan or more. Nothing too fancy, since a lot of us already sync our music for offline listening, It would't take much bandwidth..
Userlevel 6
rogers and fido likely have a contract with spotify, but since telus has such a good relationship with apple I wonder if there could be a possible deal involving apple music !

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Runs against the ideal of 'Net Neutrality.  Do you really want to have to pay more for some bits or bytes than others? Treating some traffic as free, justifies charging more for other traffic.