Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Uninstalling Self-Serve App on Android

Since you Koodo is not going to use Self-Serve app anymore, I'd like to remove it from my phone (Note 4). It's kind of pre-installed bloatware, so it seems impossible to remove it. Is there a way to do it with out rooting the phone?

If not, Koodo should provide a last update for the app which could make the app uninstalled.

8 replies

Userlevel 5
you can disable it, which will remove it from the App Drawer and will no longer be visible. You can do that through the Applications Settings
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Settings, General, Apps, Self Serve, Disable.

I bought my phone in November from Koodo and it came pre-installed but I have the option to uninstall it. It could be that the newer phones have this option yet the older ones don't. I suspect that once June 30th rolls around you should be able to uninstall it or it will disappear from your phone.
Userlevel 6
Is this the Galaxy Note 4? I'm suspecting you got it from Télus? I don't remember Koodo offering the Galaxy Note 4. If that's the case, removing the Koodo sim would disable the app, anyway (or at least make it dormant). Following Allan and Daniel's advice, you can disable the Koodo self-serve app in app settings.
Sadly the only method to truly uninstall the app is either to root the device and use a root app uninstaller (downloadable from play store) or flash a custom rom.
Thanks for your answers guys. I bought Note 4 from Koodo almost 2.5 years ago. What I am looking for is uninstalling though, not disabling. I do not want to have apps on my phone that I do not use. Even though I can hide it, it's stilling occupying the space. Anyways, I guess I have to live with it for now. As Allan said, I hope Koodo would allow us to remove the app.

Userlevel 6
Sundal wrote:

Thanks for your answers guys. I bought Note 4 from Koodo almost 2.5 years ago. What I am looking ...

No kidding, Koodo did offer the Note 4...Your warranty is long expired, and there are no OTA updates to that phone beyond Marshmallow.
If you root the phone, there are many apps on the Play Store that will remove the Koodo self-serve app for you.
Sundal wrote:

Thanks for your answers guys. I bought Note 4 from Koodo almost 2.5 years ago. What I am looking ...

download kingoroot app for android
Userlevel 6
Sundal wrote:

@Manis1955: if OP is running Marshmallow on their Note 4 (and it's available via OTA), then they'd have to unlock bootloader to root. One-click root methods won't work. Also, doubt Kingoroot is the best option for rooting a Samsung. Best to flash ChainFire's SuperSU via Odin.
Thank you guys for all the advice. Well, I gave up already. Instead I decided that I am going to upgrade since it's benn almost 3 years. I will wait until Note 8 comes out. If I like it and I can afford it, I will go for it. Otherwise I might get V30. I love the S-pen but V30 shold be nice enough to drop the pen.