Koodo Community

Community

Solved

unable to make or receive calls all of a sudden

i don't make or get calls to my cell all that often so not sure when it started exactly, but i suddenly noticed that i'm unable to do either. can't even check my voicemail. it just days dialing until it eventually disconnects. new phone and new number, but i've had both for a month now and this is a recent problem within the last 2 weeks.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Have you restarted your phone?  That often fixes such problems.

David wrote:

that worked. how odd. I have never had that problem with any other phone or phone company. thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
David wrote:

Happens to all on occasion. I do a regular weekly restart, just because.
Userlevel 6
What phone do you have?
Techjunkie wrote:

What phone do you have?

Hi. Can you help me? I purchased international add on to come to Europe. Been here 3 weeks. It doesn't work. Only the text works. When I went on my self serve it said I have no add on. .....
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Techjunkie wrote:

What phone do you have?

Do you have an iPhone and does the texting work when connected to wifi my chance? You may be using iMessage and not actually sending texts. Do you have any service/are connected to a carrier? Do you have the free international Voice Roaming Add-on enabled? Login to self serve, click view rate plan, click manage beside the add-ons tab and find and add it.
Techjunkie wrote:

What phone do you have?

Samsung Galaxy S7. it is working now I tried turning on and off. Strange but it worked.
Userlevel 6
Techjunkie wrote:

What phone do you have?

Ah ok. It may happen again. It's been reported on all Canadian carriers after the latest S7/S7E Software update. There's something broken in the latest update. I would assume Samsung is working on a fix.