Koodo Community

Community

Solved

unable to add talk booster

i try to add a talk booster to my account and i encounter this error ValidateAndUpdateOptions/Balance_-1ValidateAndUpdateOptions/Provisioning_-1. I have previously added a data booster to my account with no problem and it has been topping up every month with no problem but i just ran out of my first free 100 min talk and now i get that error code

27 replies

Userlevel 7
Did you top up first?
it automatically tops up every month, also there is enough money already on the account for the purchase
Userlevel 7
Liam Robertson wrote:

it automatically tops up every month, also there is enough money already on the account for the p...

I do belive you need to top up to purchase an add on. Before doing so..have you tried doing this from another browser?
Liam Robertson wrote:

it automatically tops up every month, also there is enough money already on the account for the p...

How would I go about that though? If I top up doesn't that just add more money to my account? Because when I go to the top up thing it shows how I have $30 but then asks how much more money I want to add so i feel like it just will add more money to my account without actually doing anything
Userlevel 7
Liam Robertson wrote:

Try adding the Booster using a computer or a different browser.
Liam Robertson wrote:

I've tried it on my computer and phone, I just topped up my account with $10 too and all it did was add that to my acct without giving me any minutes
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Liam Robertson wrote:

Hmm, when you log into self service, can you click "Add booster add-ons" and then do you see a page like this? Did you get the error there or elsewhere?

Yeah that's the page that it rakes me to, I add the booster at the bottom then click the purchase booster add-ons button and the screen shows a little grey box in the middle that's says loading. After a few seconds the box goes away and the error code is at the top of that same page in a yellow banner
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Liam Robertson wrote:

Yeah that's the page that it rakes me to, I add the booster at the bottom then click the purchase...

Weird!!! Try to delete your cookies, or better still use an incognito browser or another one. Do you still get that same error?
Liam Robertson wrote:

Yeah that's the page that it rakes me to, I add the booster at the bottom then click the purchase...

yup just tried it in incognito mode and got the exact same thing
Userlevel 7
Liam Robertson wrote:

Try a different browser?
Liam Robertson wrote:

Just tried different browser and same thing
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Liam Robertson wrote:

Ack, that is weird Liam! I am afraid you have no other choice than to contact Koodo - you can call 611 or if you use Facebook, send them a private message. They'll be able to activate your booster. If you refer to this thread, you won't be charged... so please explain that you tried to do it yourself 🙂
Liam Robertson wrote:

Alright thanks
Liam Robertson wrote:

So I am now having the exact same problem again....any new suggestions?
Liam Robertson wrote:

I am having the exact same problem. Thinking of going back to Rogers. Bad first experience with Koodo
Userlevel 7
Liam Robertson wrote:

Keith, you'll have to follow the same instructions given above. Contact Koodo at M.me/Koodo and allow them to help you
Liam Robertson wrote:

Sure. Thats fine thanks. But looks like this problem has been occurring for quite some time. Are they going to fix it soon? The problem I am having is that this is a phone I got for my wife and I'm travelling this week and the account is under my name. Will she be able to call and add the booster even though the account is registered under my name? Thanks for your help
Userlevel 7
Liam Robertson wrote:

Not without your account pin I see the link I posted didn't come through. Contact Koodo at http://m.me/Koodo You can handle it all through Facebook messenger without having to call in and wait on hold.
Liam Robertson wrote:

Would be nice if I had a Facebook account. I just tried calling and got a system error when choosing the option. Not leaving a good feeling with me.
Liam Robertson wrote:

I was worried about moving to a discount provider for these exact reasons and looks like my concerns are being realized. Oh well, I guess you get what you pay for and I should learn my lesson. This wouldn't happen with Rogers.
Liam Robertson wrote:

On the phone with support now and they screwed up porting my number that was done 2 weeks ago. Support lady very unhelpful. Very bad start to a week for me. Who can I escalate this to in order to get the problem resolved? I have three phones I just ported over and am considering going back to my old provider
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Liam Robertson wrote:

You can send a private message to Koodo via Facebook Messenger or DM via Twitter as it's a differential team. You could alternatively call 611 back and see if another rep will be more helpful / escalate it.
Liam Robertson wrote:

Thanks but don't use Facebook. Not everyone does. Funny how when I threatened to put this on twitter, she immediately offered me 100 free minutes and fixed the problem. So sad that you have to go to that level in order to get a problem solved. I'm still considering moving back based on this experience. I'll bet if her manager knew of this she would behave differently.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Liam Robertson wrote:

Obviously not everyone but it takes almost nothing for s twitter account for the purposes of contacting for support a s is increasingly common as an option. Sorry to hear it came to that. Do whatever is best for you in the end.