Koodo Community

Community

Solved

UK Travel - What are my best options for spending less money?

Hi Folks, I'm going to be traveling through the UK for about 5 weeks starting June 14th. And I'm not sure what to do about my phone. I am an avid Instagram user and would like to be able to keep using it while I'm away but I also don't want to have to pay crazy roaming fees to keep my phone active while away. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas on how to deal with the situation? Similar experiences? Best options?

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Assuming your phone supports the UK network frequencies, unlock it (if it isn't already unlocked) and buy a local SIM and service when you arrive there.
Ray wrote:

Assuming your phone supports the UK network frequencies, unlock it (if it isn't already unlocked)...

I have an Alcatel One Touch Idol X+, I can do some more research though to make sure it'll work. Thanks!
Ray wrote:

Assuming your phone supports the UK network frequencies, unlock it (if it isn't already unlocked)...

once you come to uk buy  these sims lyca or liu bra as pre pay for 10 pounds you an get really good packages so find out on your own here in UK its not super crazy expansive like Canada.
Userlevel 7
Ray wrote:

Hey Zoh! Thanks for contributing to the thread however, be mindful of the dates of the posts. For example, this one is over a year old! I'm sure OP already did her trip to the UK 🙂