Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Txt come in reverse order. Some of mine sent are never received at all

My text message replies show up Before my original message is sent (often do not get notifications either ) frequently my messages show as sent but are never received in the other end. Aprox 30% of my sent texts are never received and a full 100% of text messages I am the recipient of show out of order.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
How strong is your cell signal? If it's good, try deleting any unneeded threads.

If you still have no joy, you could go into application manager and clear out the data and cache on your texting app. Corrupt message logs could be causing all sorts of problems.

Super strong signal. Really clear cache only use txt app default on Samsung s5. Has been ongoing for a few weeks (maybe since newest android update??) But getting increasingly worse. Not sure what you mean by deleting unwanted threads though. . .
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jessica . wrote:

Super strong signal. Really clear cache only use txt app default on Samsung s5. Has been ongoing...

Deleting older messages you could do without.
Jessica . wrote:

Super strong signal. Really clear cache only use txt app default on Samsung s5. Has been ongoing...

Ya I've tried that too. 🙂 any other ideas?? 🙂
*regularly clear cache.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
1. May seem a little obvious, but shut down your phone, pull out the SIM, re-start to zero out your connection. Re-insert and re-try.

2. Temporarily try out a different text messaging application. You can do a test by sending yourself a text message under your current set-up and then again with a different app.

3. If the results are essentially the same, you may have to contact customer service from a land line or try a hard reset on the phone, which should be your last resort since you will lose settings and spend a bundle of time re-installing.
Ugh. I am not a fan of those! ! Lol I have done the sim pull out but will try a 3rd party app. Would prefer not to bc ya know space 😕. Will give er a go. Any recommendations??
Userlevel 7
Jessica . wrote:

Ugh. I am not a fan of those! ! Lol I have done the sim pull out but will try a 3rd party app. W...

Check the time and date settings on your device. Are you set in the correct time zone?, is your time correct?, how about your date?
Jessica . wrote:

Ugh. I am not a fan of those! ! Lol I have done the sim pull out but will try a 3rd party app. W...

Yes to both. 😕 also tried using textra app. Worked better still acting funny.
Do you have an extra SIM card you can use with your phone to test the messages with? Messages or SMS are network reliant so if it's not the phone and I know you will avoid resetting the phone as much as you could, so we might be able to isolate the issue that way. You can try Hello SMS app and see if the same thing goes or if it's better than what Textra app did for you.