Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Trying to switch plan, but can't without buying a different phone!

I have had a Koodo account for more than a year and I am trying to switch to the $35 plan limited offer and I can't. It always brings me to "add a phone". I don't want to change phones. How do I get around this? I shouldn't have to pay $52 for the exact same plan.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You need to log into your self serve to change your plan.

https://secure.koodomobile.com/sso/UI/Login?realm=koodo&locale=en&goto=&encoded=false
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I believe that if you have an old tab and want to keep your existing phone, you will have to clear it before becoming eligible for a new plan under the new system.

Call customer service --- will be a free call since you can't do it yourself.
Userlevel 7
BobTheElectrician wrote:

I believe that if you have an old tab and want to keep your existing phone, you will have to clea...

You can both pay off your tab and change plans on self serve. I just did it two weeks ago for the QC 35 deal.
BobTheElectrician wrote:

I believe that if you have an old tab and want to keep your existing phone, you will have to clea...

Thanks for the tips, but every time I try on self serve it doesn't work. I don't have a tab. I just bought a phone straight out. It shows up in my cart, but then I only have the option to "add phone". I've gone to the change plan option too which is listed below with a bunch of other things and it says "I can't because either I've been a client less than 3 months, haven't paid my first bill and something else" None of these apply. I've been a client more than a year.

Userlevel 7
BobTheElectrician wrote:

You need to call in to change your plan. *611 from your Koodo phone. You dont have a tab but you're still on the old tab system so you need to call in to change your plan.