Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Trying to order a BF phone online, Won't let me keep current plan, any ideas why?

So, I'm well aware of the black Thursday/Friday fiasco of Koodo's site crashing and their servers over swamped. However, upon checking Friday night, everything seemed to have worked, until I got to the cart.

I added the phone I wished to purchase, selected Tab Medium option. My current plan is the Canada-Wide 55 plan from 2015, so its well within the medium tab requirements. added said phone to cart, site was still working, everything was going good. Then, took me to the add plan page, saw my current plan and it said "Add to Cart". However, after nearly 50 attempts, every single time I clicked on my plan to "Add to Cart", it wouldn't add my plan to the cart, and would just automatically take me back to the Cart page.

Does this mean, in order to order a phone online (which it's only available online), I will have to upgrade to a different/current plan to be able to successfully check-out? Or could there still be some issues with koodo's servers/site, that its not letting customers keep their current plans??

35 replies

SAME ISSUE ASWELL! really want that essential phone 🙂 no matter what plan I add to cart it voids the 0$ down and says I need to pay 290$ up front as well as medium tab...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Clayton Monster wrote:

SAME ISSUE ASWELL! really want that essential phone 🙂 no matter what plan I add to cart it voids...

An out of province plan could be an issue for some orders.  
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Likely some odd issue. It has happened before. You'll need to contact Koodo directly to get around it unfortunately. You could try clearing browser cache and doing again in private / incognito tab of your browser but I recall it being a behind the scenes issue. I do recall also some especially grandfathered plans will only let you keep it with a tab small. You could try that to see if it works. Still comes to 360. Let us know.
Goran wrote:

Likely some odd issue. It has happened before. You'll need to contact Koodo directly to get aroun...

I tried it on tab small as well still didnt work 😞
Same thing is happening to me. I have a the old Canada wide $55 dollar plan when i add a phone to my cart it says choose a plan, when i choose my plan it says switch to Canada wide $55 dollar when i click switch it takes me back to the phone page saying to add a plan. So frustrating. Its an online onlly phone
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@Jason, which phone was it? Trying to track down what the issue might be? Are you in BC? 
Bernard wrote:

@Jason, which phone was it? Trying to track down what the issue might be? Are you in BC?&n...

for me its the essential phone in bc
Bernard wrote:

@Jason, which phone was it? Trying to track down what the issue might be? Are you in BC?&n...

@Bernard Yes...I am in BC and it was the Essential phone, then I tried with the LG G6 and still doesn't work. Always lived in BC. Never had an out of province plan. Cleared my cache on my phone and laptop, still can't get my Canada wide 55 plan to attach to the cart to successfully check out. It's probably something British Columbia related...thanks for helping!!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bernard wrote:

We are looking into what could be the issue Jason. Something specific to your account, but can't figure out what it is. The out of province plan point was aimed at others. I see what plan you have. 
Bernard wrote:

Thank You@Bernard, much appreciated!!
Bernard wrote:

Small tab worked! Thanks Koodo! I also put a USA VPN on for good measure, but I doubt that helped. (Hola free VPN, just in case)
Bernard wrote:

@Clayton....Congrats man! I'm still struggling and I even used the hola VPN. I think my account is severely screwed up. But I'm glad I'm not the only one who is suffering from this, and no matter what I do, it's never going to work. Hopefully keeping fingers crossed for Boxing Day
SAME HERE! I really want the Essential phone and I DO NOT want to change my plan under any circumstances
@Bernard...if this helps or not, but I just tried again and I found something interesting. When I go to the "Add A Plan" page, and go to select my own current plan and "Add To Cart", it comes up with this message of "Do You Want To Switch To The Canada-Wide $55 Plan?" Then when I select "Yes, Switch", that's when it takes me back to the cart and nothing happens and I can't progress to checkout.

However, doing the exact same steps again, except this time selecting "Choose A New Plan" option instead of "Your Current Plan", I was allowed to select a different plan, but without being asked to switch from my current plan. Sure enough, that worked and it took me to the "Check Out" page.

So I'm thinking it's something to do with Koodo not recognizing the Canada-Wide $55 plan as an allowable option for Koodo members who want to upgrade their phones online. Also, I find it odd how it asks me if I want to switch from my current plan to my current plan, but doesn't ask me when I want to switch from my current plan to a new plan!

Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jason Bayer wrote:

@Bernard...if this helps or not, but I just tried again and I found something interesting....

Thanks Jesse! No solution yet, but we will help you out one way or another. 
Jason Bayer wrote:

@Bernard...if this helps or not, but I just tried again and I found something interesting....

Thank You Bernard....it's Jason by the way....but that's okay!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jason Bayer wrote:

Sorry Jason! It's been a long night!:-)
Jason Bayer wrote:

When Koodo says "FYI you are keeping your current plan" I trust them 🙂 ... I think.
Jason Bayer wrote:

I sure hope so, haven't heard anything today, so I'm guessing progress has hit a dead end. Oh well, hopefully it'll be around by boxing week and maybe it'll get fixed by then. But I'm definitely never giving up this plan (at least until something better comes along)
Well, at least it looks like Koodo is fixing something with the online store this morning and I'm hoping it's related to mine, and a few others, issue with online ordering... However, as per usual, the essential phone is sold out and the BF sale ends tonight, and because it's an online only phone, "going into any Koodo store for great BF deals" doesn't help when it's an online only phone. Congrats to everyone who was able to get a great deal this weekend
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jason Bayer wrote:

Well, at least it looks like Koodo is fixing something with the online store this morning and I'm...

I made a promise to you Jason and will keep it. Just bear with me pls. It may take some time as it's the weekend but will be in touch.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jason Bayer wrote:

Well, at least it looks like Koodo is fixing something with the online store this morning and I'm...

Yup, that's an option too. 
Jason Bayer wrote:

Sorry Bernard, didn't mean to sound negative or down and out. I really appreciate your help in this matter and I'll standby and await your response!! @You-Do-Not-Know-Who....thanks for the info. I already tried my local Best Buy and they didn't have any in stock, but the Mobile Manager said it wouldn't work regardless, because there's no direct Koodo SKU for the essential phone in their system, thus they can only activate through Telus.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jason Bayer wrote:

It's a single SKU for retailers on the Essential, so maybe the BB manager has't done this before. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jason Bayer wrote:

One slight correction Mr. Troll. 🙂 Stores still have the phone no problem. 

The missing sentence the reply was written is: [i]Your local Best Buy probably even sold their last stock to Koodo customers.