Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Trying to download and message is saying "not enough memory"

trying to download and message is saying "not enough memory" Not sure what to do

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Means that internal storage space on your phone is low. Delete some stuff.
The key isn't to randomly delete stuff, but look for apps that are residing on your phone's internal storage, rather than the SD card if it has one. Alternately, you can see if there are apps installed on your internal storage that could be moved to your SD card to free up internal memory. You'll have to go to settings>Applications>Manage apps and scroll through your apps, clicking some of the bigger apps. Start with ones you have installed but don't need or use, click on the app, and check if there is a "Move to SD card" option that you can click. If the button is grayed out, the app requires installation in the internal memory, and is taking up some of that space you need to free up. If you don't use the app, uninstall it. Most apps are good about installing to SD card if they can, but I've found a few on my phone that I was able to move. I'm always fighting for memory on my Galaxy Ace due to the low amount they put in and having to have at least 20mb free in order to receive SMS messages. The phone flips out if it thinks it doesn't have enough space for them. 😞
Here's a quick guide to what you will see when you manage your apps. This app is an example of one you could delete to free up internal memory (although not that much).

Iglooman wrote:

Here's a quick guide to what you will see when you manage your apps. This app is an example of o...

If you look at the very bottom, I missed one possible area of memory usage that could be freed. Some apps keep a cache (maps comes to mind) that you can wipe to free up space by pressing the "Clear Cache" button.