Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Trouble with mms and wifi- help!

I can't receive mms on my Samsung Galaxy s2x. I can send them fine, but if someone sends me one I don't get anything. Phone also won't connect to wifi- which is connected fine to laptop etc. This problem only started today...help!

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Is your Mobile Data enabled while you're on Wi-Fi? It needs to be.
yah, data is enabled! Like I said- it all worked fine just yesterday!
Userlevel 6
Alex Curran wrote:

yah, data is enabled! Like I said- it all worked fine just yesterday!

That's odd. 1) Are you using another SMS App or the one that came with your phone? 2) Have you tried resetting the APN?
Badge +4
To add to John's suggestions, have you cleared out all your old SMS/MMS messages? Tried a battery pull? Rebooted your wireless modem? You can also try making the S2x a preferred device using MAC address filtering via your wireless router.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
There is a network isue with mms messages today. No ETR as of midnight ET, but it is being worked on.
Yes I tried all those suggestions- which makes sense if it's a networking error! As far as the wifi- I'll try again tonight and hope for the best. Hope the issue is resolved soon!
any update to this? just started receiving a similar problem with an S2X. can receive picture messages, but cannot send properly.
Badge +4
Zak Bowler wrote:

any update to this? just started receiving a similar problem with an S2X. can receive picture mes...

If you've tried all the other suggestions, it might be a temporary network outage in your area. I've suggested in the past, that when system outages occur, there should be a way for Koodo to notify customers here in the community. If the problem persists, call Koodo tech support preferably from a landline phone so they can troubleshoot the issue. You may want to ask if there are any network problems that they're aware of in your area. Koodo toll-free number: 1-866-995-6636 > option 6
Userlevel 1
I think there is a problem with these phones I have a galaxy s2 also I'm have trouble getting my pictures I usually don't keep my data on and this seems to be the problem I have sent myself a picture after turning on the Data and then the one I can't download seems to come I have them had my dad on and have a friend send me a picture and it opens right away I think these phones have a hardware problem my phone has been like this since last November when I got it I know my warranty is up in a few days and don't have time to take my phone in but at least I have a temporary solution.