Koodo Community
Solved

Transferring data/info from Motorola to Samsung Galaxy A71

• 1 February 2021
  • 4 replies

I want to order a Samsung Galaxy A71 to replace my Motorola phone, and have it sent directly to my home.  I don’t want to lose pictures, contacts, etc.  Is it simply a matter of removing the SIM card from the old phone and inserting it in the new phone? Any risk if I do it myself?  Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Goran 1 February 2021, 21:37

There's no risk. The Sim card doesn't contain any of that and actually has limited contact storage. Install Samsung smart switch on both devices and it'll seamlessly transfer everything. It's gotten really good these days. Just follow the steps.

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

There's no risk. The Sim card doesn't contain any of that and actually has limited contact storage. Install Samsung smart switch on both devices and it'll seamlessly transfer everything. It's gotten really good these days. Just follow the steps.

Thank you.  Is “Samsung smart switch” an app that i need to download on both devices? If not an app, what is it? Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It is an App that you could download to your Motorola. You could find more here https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/app/smartswitch/

Great - thank you very much, this is very helpful and reassuring.