Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Transfering apps to sd card on samsung galaxy ace 2x ?

Hey ! I just bought a 16gb sd card for my samsung galaxy ace 2x. I can't transfer any apps to my sd card. I tried apps like app2sd but it doesn't work. When i go to applications manager, i don't have an ''move to sd'' button neither. I am running the latest version of Android. It is possible that the phone doesn't have this function ? Can somebody help me ?

30 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What version of Android does the Galaxy Ace 2x run? If it runs Android 4.0 it should have the option, if it runs Android 4.1 or above then it won't have that option since it has been removed in 4.1 and above.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

What version of Android does the Galaxy Ace 2x run? If it runs Android 4.0 it should have the opt...

Hi Kid, unrelated I know, but why would they remove a useful feature in a new Android version? Do you know?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What version of Android does the Galaxy Ace 2x run? If it runs Android 4.0 it should have the opt...

I'm not 100% sure but I believe it takes away from the performance of a phone and also I think it makes it harder to side load stolen apps. I was pissed when I got my Galaxy Note 2 running Jelly Bean at first because it didn't have the ability to move apps to SD but I don't miss it now, 16gb is enough to put apps and games while all my videos and pics are on my SD Card so but works out good.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It sure sounds weird. My Galaxy Nexus has no SD slot so I'm used to having it all on the 16GB internal memory, but when I had my Nexus One, moving stuff to my SD card was life essential, lol!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I might be completely wrong, but I thought the only way to move apps to SD on that phone is to root the phone first... but I know there are several here with that phone so they'll be able to tell you 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

I might be completely wrong, but I thought the only way to move apps to SD on that phone is to ro...

It runs Android 4.0.x so it should be able to move apps without any need to root. Are you sure you have the SD Card pushed in all the way? Did you format the card?
I didn't format the card... should I ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Andrei Ionescu wrote:

You could try it, Andrei, wouldn't hurt I'm sure 🙂
Andrei Ionescu wrote:

Doesn't really changes anything
Andrei Ionescu wrote:

I have done the same and no luck, and no one can figure it out. frustrating!
my phone runs android 4.0.4
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I asked similer question today. My son's Ace2X is also android 4.0.4. He couldn't transfer apps to 16GB SD card nor use it. He is using 8GB SD card and he can transfer music / pis, but apps. He gave up transfer apps to SD card now.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

I asked similer question today. My son's Ace2X is also android 4.0.4. He couldn't transfer apps ...

Keep in mind that when you transfer apps to SD that it doesn't transfer the entire app, a portion of the app stays in the phones internal storage on phone running versions of Android 4.0.4 and below
Mayumi wrote:

I asked similer question today. My son's Ace2X is also android 4.0.4. He couldn't transfer apps ...

Yes but we would like to know if we can use sd card as internal memory
Mayumi wrote:

Yes but we would like to know if we can use sd card as internal memory
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

Only if you root your phone
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Is it possible to put app on the sd card with a samsung galaxy ace 2 x.
Yes you can indeed move apps to the sd card by using directory bind (google search 'android directory bind app') method or link2sd (requires you add second partition to sdcard). keep in mind if you remove your sdcard problems start to arise, obviously. And yes it will require root for these tasks and yes root can easily be achieved at the expense of your warranty using google. The actual model of this phone is the gt-7560M use this to do google search. An easy way to use dir bind is installing a large app and than moving its large data files to the external sdcard and than using dir bind to mount that directory back to the built in memory (virtually). I have a had no need to move the apk of the app to sdcard as the apks are small though link2sd should allow this I think , which would quilify as moving the entire app to sdcard even though the app thinks it resides on the internal memory it infact is on the external sdcard. I use such methods for apps that do not allow for external sd data on this model phone such as certain gps navigation systems or large games like fifa.
Since you aren't the root user, Android doesn't let you remove or even move some stuff around. It's a major pain - and downside of Android.
Userlevel 7
I'm getting spoiled by 32 GB phones now... The you don't realistically need an sdcard when you're using an HTC One or a G2 lol
Jonathan I wrote:

I'm getting spoiled by 32 GB phones now... The you don't realistically need an sdcard when you're...

not all people have enough money to get those phones
I been able to add apps to my SD card as I made a folder in the card memory called Apps & it worked for me easily.
So is there a way to move apps with out losing my warranty??
Userlevel 2
Josh Layte wrote:

As long as you're not changing the original programming.
Userlevel 7
Josh Layte wrote:

Actually you should check out link2sd. It may or may not be the answer but its still worth checking out in tge play store