Koodo Community

Community

Solved

transfer from bell to koodo

i have a contract phone (Lg G3) with bell i want to transfer it to koodo .. is it possible???

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Of course ! You will need to unlock your phone. It will be cheaper to get a code from eBay. Then you will have to call Koodo to start the porting process. Bell will give you a final bill including whatever you still owe on your tab for the G3.
Goran wrote:

Of course ! You will need to unlock your phone. It will be cheaper to get a code from eBay. Then ...

Koodo will transfer the phone for free they will set it up for you
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

Of course ! You will need to unlock your phone. It will be cheaper to get a code from eBay. Then ...

That is correct you won't get charged for the transfer but you still need to pay to unlock your phone to use it on Koodo.
Userlevel 7
Yes You'll need to get your phone unlocked first then sign up with koodo. If you want to keep your old number make sure not to cancel your bell service. Porting your bell number to Koodo will cancel your service. You may also have to pay bell anything you owe on the device. Visit a koodo kiosk for a new koodo sim card
i have balance with bell... will i be able to transfer that to koodo???
Userlevel 7
Tanushree Talekar wrote:

No. Bell will bill you for any balance
Tanushree Talekar wrote:

Sorry I think you are wrong check with customer service
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Tanushree Talekar wrote:

Wrong about what? Bell will give a final bill of service and any outstanding tab on phones.
Userlevel 1
Tanushree Talekar wrote:

There's nothing wrong about that if she still within contract for Bell, Bell will invoice her for the buyout of her phone or the remaining period of her contract which ever comes first. then charge her for the unlock code. I don't suggest just leaving the bill though because it will affect your credit.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Tanushree Talekar wrote:

Why would Bell charge her for an unlock code if she doesn't request it? Nobody suggested she doesn't pay the final bill.