Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Transfer Contacts

I have a LG A341 phone and just got a Samsung Galaxy SII.I want to transfer the sim card to the Samsung and can't seem to get my contacts to the Galaxy

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Assuming your contacts are already on your sim just go to the contacts app and hit the menu key (the one on the left). Select import / export then import from sim card. That should do it If you have a Google account I highly recommend syncing your contacts to your Gmail. This way next time you change phones you won't have to worry, especially since sim sizes have been shrinking and your next new phone may require a new smaller sim.
Userlevel 5
Keep in mind to move your sim card to the galaxy you will have to trim it down to micro sim size and could potentially damage it. Your best bet is to head into a store with a contract transfer machine to have them transferred.
Userlevel 7
Jorden wrote:

Keep in mind to move your sim card to the galaxy you will have to trim it down to micro sim size ...

The s2x uses a full size sim
Userlevel 5
Jorden wrote:

Keep in mind to move your sim card to the galaxy you will have to trim it down to micro sim size ...

OOPS misread SII as S 3 (with 3 IIIs), and for whatever reason can no longer edit my other post 😞.
Userlevel 7
Jorden wrote:

Yeah because I commented. 😛
Userlevel 5
Jorden wrote:

Didn't realize comments closed off editing. 🙂
Userlevel 2
Try transfering through bluetooth. Activate bluetooth in both devices, make sure they are both recognizable --> pair them to eachother. In your LG--> Menu --> Connectivity --> 1. Bluetooth --> 1. Turn On --> 2. Turn my visibility On In your SII --> Applications --> Settings --> Bluetooth --> Turn On --> Make Visible They both will scan for devices. Pair devices with eachother (device names at the top) Go into your contacts in your LG --> Send Contact Via --> 3. Bluetooth --> Select Paired Device (SIIX) --> Send On your SII, accept the file and it should be received. If that doesn't work you can try and plug the phones into a computer and transfer data that way. OR you can visit a Koodo Shop location and they should have a Mobile Content Exchange machine in their shop that should be able to transfer your contacts for you.