Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Trade Ins?

So, I'm thinking of buying the Galaxy S4, and was wondering about trade ins. Does Koodo always have this program running? Are the prices the same as the Trade in at Telus? Thanks.

13 replies

Userlevel 6
Hi there Connor, Koodo offers the uptrade program.
I thought so. So on Telus.com it said that my Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE has a trade in value of $110.00, would it be the same at Koodo?
Userlevel 2
Connor Halpenny wrote:

I thought so. So on Telus.com it said that my Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE has a trade in value of $110....

Not really. It's not the same I can tell.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The phone value is based on the device age and condition. If your phone has estimate value of $110 on Telus, it could be different on Koodo. So you can stop by Koodo store and check its exact value there. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You have to visit a kiosk to determine the value of the trade in. Koodo does not give any values online. Actually if I didnt like the value of my trade in at one kiosk I would try another kiosk. However selling on kijiji/craigslist would yield the best value
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

You have to visit a kiosk to determine the value of the trade in. Koodo does not give any values...

I agree with Dennis you will definitely get more for your old device by selling it on kijiji, Koodo is just good if you want to buy a phone right away and use your old phone as a trade in towards the new phone, it's great for convince as it can take a couple days to sell on kijiji, more if your asking price is unreasonable.
Userlevel 6
Hi Connor, Could you tell me the model number, I can give you the trade in value (considering it is in working condition with no physical damage)
Erwin wrote:

Hi Connor, Could you tell me the model number, I can give you the trade in value (considering...

SGH-i727r unlocked, no damage other than a few scratches on the back cover. 7 months old.
What about a z10? it's mint mind, been on screen protector and case since the day i got it, cables i neer used, used my own charger...
How much is a Samsung Galaxy S II X worth to trade in towards a Samsung Galaxy 4?
Userlevel 5
Jérémie Ouellette wrote:

How much is a Samsung Galaxy S II X worth to trade in towards a Samsung Galaxy 4?

Your best bet is to take it into a Koodo shop as they will need to examine it, but I assume it's value is somewhere in the $30-$40 range right now. Im basing this off the fact that Telus values it at $35 http://mobility.telus.com/en/AB/trade_in/index.shtml?eVar35=http://mobility.telus.com/en/AB/trade_in/index.shtml
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jérémie Ouellette wrote:

You would get more value if you sold it on Kijiji or craigslist. You could also use the Best Buy trade in estimator too to get an idea of the price range along with the Telus one Jorden mentioned http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/trade-in-program.aspx
Userlevel 2
Connor Halpenny, this could be an amazing idea. Koodo should have it posted on their website so people could check what their phones are worth towards an upgrade. Pricing might vary depending if physical damage is present of course! You might like to share that as an Idea!