Koodo Community

Community

Solved

trade in value of my s2x

Was looking at getting the nexus 4 and was wondering what the trade in value for a mint galaxy s2x would be? Also when going into the store do I need to wipe the phone first?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Nobody will know the value until you go but your usually better to sell it privately on kijiji or Craigslist you'll get much more than trading it in. They have to see that the phone is in working condition but it doesn't really matter if you wipe but before you go or while your there. You can use this tool to get a very rough estimate http://tradein.bestbuy.ca/bb/QuoteCalculatorCellPhones.cfm?Brand=SAMSUNG&Model=NEXUS%20S
I'd agree with selling it. I have this phone as well, was looking to get the Nexus 4, and the CSR at my local Koodo gave me a whopping estimate of $80.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
RandMcNally wrote:

I'd agree with selling it. I have this phone as well, was looking to get the Nexus 4, and the CSR...

Ya you can probably get $150 for it through a private sale fairly quick. Try kijiji you'll be surprised how fast it goes, I usually don't have a device on there for more than 2 days as they sell that quick if priced right and not expecting near what you paid or what they're selling new for at the moment. I usually go half or just slightly above of what they could get it for new which is reasonable
Thanks for the suggestions folks! I am going to give selling it a shot. Right now I've got the nexus 4 and am going to try it for a few days to see if I like it before posting my s2x because outdated or not, that phone is still a beast.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Lucas Stevason wrote:

Thanks for the suggestions folks! I am going to give selling it a shot. Right now I've got the ne...

i got the Nexus 4 about a week ago & absolutely love it, its much better than the S2x so you should really like it. Heck I havent touched my Galaxy S4 since I got the Nexus 4 other than to update it, its that good IMO. Rumour has it that Android 4.3 that should be announced tomorrow will give a massive boost to battery life in the Nexus 4. With the same usage in both 4.2 &.4.3 its been noticed that battery life went from 4-6hrs up to a staggering 20- 25hrs. So if the battery seems to be an issue with the Nexus 4 for you keep this in mind as the Nexus 4 will be updated to 4.3 real soon if not tomorrow which aim really hoping happens.