Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Trade in phone option for a samsung galaxy ace II?

Userlevel 1
So I have this samsung galaxy ace II that I really don't want.. could I trade it in? I know that it's a fairly old model and that I probably wont get much for it, but even $20 might be nice. Also if I can trade my phone in for a couple bucks could I "buy" a new phone, and put the entire cost on my tab or do I have to pay a percentage or even the whole thing upfront? (after paying my first phone off of course) Thanks so much for any replies!

7 replies

Userlevel 1
You can absolutely see if there is any value left to trade in your old Ace 2 x, however; we won't know what the amount would be here. You have to bring it into the store to have them look at it and determine what it is worth, if anything. You can also use any of the trade in towards the new phone price or accessories, you can also, depending on if you owe anything on your existing tab, be able to put the full price of the new phone toward the tab. Only thing you can't do with the trade in credit is use it toward your tab or bill.
Userlevel 1
Al Robidoux wrote:

You can absolutely see if there is any value left to trade in your old Ace 2 x, however; we won't...

Thanks! Sorry, there's just one thing I don't get. I currently have approx. $69 on my tab, could I trade in my phone (whether or not it has value) and still put the new phones cost on top of my existing $69 or would I have to pay it off first?
Userlevel 1
Al Robidoux wrote:

You can absolutely see if there is any value left to trade in your old Ace 2 x, however; we won't...

They say that to upgrade any existing amount still owing on the tab would need to be paid in full before a new tab amount can be used. So I am thinking that you would need to pay off the 69.00 first and then you could put the cost of the new phone on the reset tab.
Userlevel 1
Al Robidoux wrote:

Okay, thanks for the info!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Al Robidoux wrote:

Yep the remaining balance owing on the tab does indeed need to be paid in full before you can upgrade.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Honestly, if you can, I'd recommend selling the phone yourself. You can easily get $50-80 for it, maybe a bit more even.
Userlevel 7
Ivan wrote:

Honestly, if you can, I'd recommend selling the phone yourself. You can easily get $50-80 for it,...

Yeah, try this first. Someone's buying my 520 for $100. Or heck, keep it as a backup phone or give it to a friend/family member.