Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Trade in information

Just wondering how much I'd get to trade in my Galaxy S3 and put toward a galaxy s4

8 replies

Userlevel 7
The answer really depends on the condition of your phone. BestBuy USA has a trade in calculator on their site which I'M TOLD is very close to the actual trade in value. Only the Koodo Shops / Kiosks can evaluate your S3 for the actual Value. Here is a link to the Trade In Calculator from Best Buy USA
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
My advice is to sell it yourself. Most trade-in programs (video games and hardware, phones, etc.) are HUGE rip-offs. Sometimes you can get a good deal (like when Koodo offered $50 bonus on top of the trade-in value), and even then, it's not always a good way to go with a relatively new phone like the S3. For example, according to Best Buy's site, your phone is worth only $250. You can get $300 for it on Kijiji very quickly, but you're likely to get $350 if you're willing to wait a few days. Some have asking prices of above $400.
Userlevel 7
Ivan wrote:

My advice is to sell it yourself. Most trade-in programs (video games and hardware, phones, etc.)...

Philosoraptor is right and I hadn't even thought of that, Shame on me. Sell it outright.
Userlevel 4
Ivan wrote:

My advice is to sell it yourself. Most trade-in programs (video games and hardware, phones, etc.)...

Ya, way to go Mobile Master 😛 KIDDING!
Userlevel 7
Ivan wrote:

Hey I was trying to make your company some extra cash to pay your ridiculous salary. 😛
Userlevel 4
Ivan wrote:

HA! I'm hourly wage, not salary. Not that high up on the corporate ladder 😛 (yet)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ivan wrote:

Chad was just answering the original question 😉
Userlevel 4
Ivan wrote:

Oh I know 😛 I just consider most of you my internet friends, so personal convos slip hahaha. Ok, back to the topic at hand 😛