Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Top Up Notice

Userlevel 1
Received both a text message and email from koodo in regards to inactivity on phone/top up required.

On prepaid basic $15 month, which I pay each month.  Phone is working fine, I'm sending and receiving texts no problem.  Checked bank and payment went through for July.  Since everything seems to be OK, do I just ignore these messages from Koodo?

Anyone else getting these emails or texts?  

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What exactly did the message say, onejourney? 
Userlevel 1
Hi Goran, top up has been successful every month, I can check back in my transaction history.  I use my phone every day for texts, sending and receiving.  All is working fine, but a few days ago I got a text from koodo 5148 saying base plan expired on June 30, need to top up.  

But, payment was made June 23rd and account shows balance as 0.  

Today I got an email from koodo:   Your Koodo Prepaid account has been inactive for 5 days, need to top up.

Neither text or email is correct.  Do I just ignore them?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
onajourney wrote:

Hi Goran, top up has been successful every month, I can check back in my transaction history. &nb...

If your phone is working fine, I'd just ignore it... though if it happens again next month I'd call Koodo to verify your account is actually renewing 🙂
Userlevel 1
onajourney wrote:

Hi Goran, top up has been successful every month, I can check back in my transaction history. &nb...

Thanks!

I received the same email, on the same date, with the same message, although my automatic top up went through as usual. On Twitter, Koodo told me it was probably made to be sent earlier and was delayed by the long weekend, which made no sense since my payment had gone through on time with no interruption. I sent them the link to this post, pointing out that it seems they had wrongly sent that email to other customers.
I got one too! Am signed up for automatic top-up, which went through as usual on June 30. Then I got a text, followed by email, warning that my account is inactive and to top up. I logged in to my account and everything looks normal and my account is active.
Yeah, I even have $25 in my account already 😛 Got 2 text messages saying my base plan expired on the 1st, but I've been able to make calls and texts no problem. Now today I have an email saying "It looks like you’ve run out of money in your Prepaid account. Top it up before September 29, 2016, to avoid losing your phone service, account balance and any remaining Booster®️ add-ons."
Derp Koodo 😛
I get these warnings every month. It seems to be an issue with KOODO's billing system and I wish they'd FIX IT. Automatic top up is supposed to make monthly billing painless but every month I get an urgent warning that my account is unpaid blah blah blah!!!! So every month I have to make a panicked trip to the online account to make sure I won't lose my phone line. And every month there is no problem but who wants to take a chance on being wrong?

Come on KOODO! Send me an email saying you got my automatic top up and that I am good until the next one. Not this veiled warning to pay up.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
loni wrote:

I get these warnings every month. It seems to be an issue with KOODO's billing system and I wish ...

What's beyond stoopid is that you get this threatening message a few days after the "remember to top up" and then "thanks for topping up. Enjoy your service" cycle.
loni wrote:

I get these warnings every month. It seems to be an issue with KOODO's billing system and I wish ...

There is no better way to break any kind of bond with your customers than to threaten to cancel their service for no particular reason.   

Would be great if a Koodo representative could

1) Acknowledge that there is a problem
2) Fix it

The suggestion to "wait and see" or "call the support line" (snort) fails to grasp the mood of your customers.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
loni wrote:

First, I don't work for Koodo and I am not an official representative whatsoever.

Second, when I suggested to wait and see, etc... OP "onajourney" was the first and only one to report this and I had no idea it was not an isolated case.

Please verify facts before you snark 🙂

But you are correct, it would be nice to receive some word if this is widespread, or just a few incidents...

For the record, I'm on prepaid too and received no such message.
loni wrote:

Thanks for setting me straight.  Apologies for the snark.  
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
loni wrote:

No worries 🙂 I have alerted the Koodo staff to this thread, it's being looked into. Will be continued!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi everyone, just got back official word from Koodo 🙂

"Just confirmed it was a system issue...updates were done this weekend to the prepaid system and somehow certain customers got this SMS by error. Going forward this has been fixed, and we can reassure everyone that the message was sent in error."

Let's hope you won't get such a scare again!
I see these comments are all a year old.  I have been using Koodo Prepaid with automatic top ups for several years now.  I have a balance on my account so even if there was an issue with my credit card there was enough there to cover a couple months of base plan.  So today (Oct 17 2017) I got the text msg from Koodo that my base plan was expired.  But account seems fine both logging in to the web portal and by dialing *611.

So if this issue has been fixed in the past, it appears to be un-fixed now.
Thanks
I go one of these today asking for a top up by April 18. Just a few days earlier, I got an email saying that my monthly top up went through and the self serve portal seems to show that everything is fine.
Looks like this is a recurring problem