Koodo Community

Community

Solved

To access this account you need permission from the account owner. If you are the account owner, log out and try again.


I have been trying for two days now to just view my first monthly bill on self serve. I registered an account and it immediately told me "To access this account you need permission from the account owner. If you are the account owner, log out and try again." I am the account owner, I've tried dozens of times to log in. Nothing changes. And your customer support phone number was even more worthless than the self serve site has been.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Samuel,

Seems as tho there was a mix-up with creating your self serve account and there was already one created and you created a second one by mistake. Contact Koodo using *611 from your mobile phone and they will assist you to reset your self serve and help you create the account with you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What do you mean that customer service was worthless in fixing the issue when you called?
Userlevel 6
Hi Samuel, as Mathieu says, there could have been a mix-up because of multiple accounts created. When calling customer service, the representative would normally delete or modify the incorrect settings. Maybe he/she didn't properly provided this information to you. Can you try again with your email address? Keep us posted! Thank you very much! ________________________ If you see a good answer, give it a star.
Thank you for the replies. Mathieu, yes I am aware of the issue and of course calling *611 was the first thing I did when the site was giving me difficulties. Paul, what I meant was that when I called, none of the "If you would like to hear... press ##" options seemed appropriate for my issue. Here are the options listed in the top menu: 1) account balance, account number, due date of bill 2) airtime summary 3) credit card payment, report a payment, payment arrangements 4) lost or stolen phone 5) billing questions, account changes 6) technical problems with making calls, texts or voicemail I figured 5) account changes would work so I tried it and got these options: 1) information on electronic billing 2) account related charges 3) go over bill 4) repair 5) warranty information Info on 1) e-billing seemed reasonable but it just tells you what e-billing is. no help. So then I started over and tried 3) payment arrangements and got these options: 1) make a payment with credit card 2) sign up for pre-authorized monthly card payments 3) update pre-authorized credit card information 4) report a payment 5) make a payment arrangement None of these options were useful to me so I came to the conclusion that your customer service line is worthless, at least in my situation. So what I ended up doing that came closest to solving my problem was just trying every possible option until I was finally put through to an actual human. She certainly tried to help by doing exactly what Yannick said. She first told me the issue that I was already aware of. Again. Then she told me to try again with my email address, which of course was the first thing I did when I encountered the issue. No surprise, it didn't work. So then she told me to try changing the email address and then the password and neither of those worked. It just kept bringing up the change username/change password/change security question page which I could never leave because apparently I don't own my account. She finally told me that she would try handing the case over to "the other department" so that they could delete it and start from scratch I guess. They are supposed to be calling me back today in about 30 minutes. The only explanation I can come up with is that when I purchased my phone and plan originally, the sales clerk entered the email address incorrectly because I never received an initial confirmation email at the address I gave her. I should have right? I think that would explain why neither of the accounts I set up are being recognized as the owner. Also, I'd like to add that about one in three pages in the customer service area of your site give a page not found error. Fix it. This is extremely frustrating to the already frustrated people looking for help. I know your site says it doesn't like cooperating with Chrome and Firefox because it is geared toward Internet Explorer, but it doesn't work on there either. I tried.
They called me back today and after several failed login attempts they finally realized they were spelling me email address incorrectly. I don't know how long they had been trying to use the incorrectly spelled email but once I spelled it for them for what had to have been the tenth time they finally realized the difference between purdue and perbue. So I am FINALLY able to log into my account properly. Thanks for trying to help by redirecting me to your outsourced customer support lines that take 24 hours to resolve an issue.
Userlevel 7
Samuel Schafer wrote:

They called me back today and after several failed login attempts they finally realized they were...

Glad to hear you got it sorted out! Unfortunately, through the community we are all users just as yourself and have no access to any accounts so we can't do that for you ourselves and contacting customer support was your only option.
Samuel Schafer wrote:

They called me back today and after several failed login attempts they finally realized they were...

Ah, I see. Well then I would to just say that all my complaints are directed at Koodo, not you folks.

Reply