Koodo Community

Community

Solved

tinder verification

While using Tinder, it requires you to verify your account via your mobile number.
However the text verification code WILL NOT send to my Koodo phone (Not prepaid)

I have spoken with a rep at Tinder and they assured me the text was sent out, just not received. How can I solve this problem?

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Are you getting able to receive all your other texts?
Yeah, everything else comes in just fine. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Well now I need to set up a tinder account for "testing purposes" 😉
Dennis wrote:

Well now I need to set up a tinder account for "testing purposes" ;)

Hey, it's all for the cause!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

Well now I need to set up a tinder account for "testing purposes" ;)

Weird.  I signed up, all set up and started swiping.  No requirement for a phone number

Userlevel 4
Hi Stephen, can you tell me when (date/time) you tried the last time, so I can try to see if the message is being blocked?
Levis wrote:

Hi Stephen, can you tell me when (date/time) you tried the last time, so I can try to see if the ...

Certainly, I just tried at around 3:50pm (-4:00 Atlantic)
Userlevel 4
Levis wrote:

Hi Stephen, can you tell me when (date/time) you tried the last time, so I can try to see if the ...

Looking at your logs, I don't see the SMS confirmation from Tinder at all. Tinder is either not sending the verification, or sending it to another number. I had similar problems with Whatsapp in the past, and ended up using a different way to verify my number. Does Tinder offer other alternatives?
Levis wrote:

Sadly no, I've tried other numbers as well.
Userlevel 4
Levis wrote:

Looking on reddit, and seems like a bunch of other people are having the same issue :| Some people are saying that creating a new Facebook account with a new email address was successful. You can always try that. Unfortunately, there's nothing much more we can do, as the SMS isn't reaching our network at all.
Levis wrote:

I have the same issue 😞
Any update? i just got the same issue, im using tinder apk on my android from https://www.androidapksbox.com/tinder/ because i cannot download it from google play.