Koodo Community

Community

Thinking about the Nexus 6P. Looking for opinions and suggestions! Will be buying outright.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hey guys, Just looking for input here, I am currently bouncing back and forth between a few phones, but mainly the Nexus 5 and the LG G3(BrokenOs ROM) But have that itch to try something new again. So give me your pros and cons if you have the phone. 🙂 thanks in advance for your time.

13 replies

Userlevel 1
You want info about the LG G3/Nexus 5 or Another phone?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
VarieZ wrote:

Nope, i have both of those phones as i stated above. . Thanks though bud. You gotta read the whole conversation. lol(Title included)
Userlevel 1
VarieZ wrote:

Ah... right... sorry! I Don't have the Nexus 6P. and no problem.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
VarieZ wrote:

Dont be sorry buddy. Just read the title. It will help you when working towards that MM status 🙂
Userlevel 6
Hi Chad, I'd totally go for Nexus 6P because it has awesome camera and front speakers. Did you know that if you buy it on Tab Plus, there is a saving? I'd recommend getting it on Tab plus and clear it after the next month to get the discount on the Tab.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Erwin wrote:

Hi Chad, I'd totally go for Nexus 6P because it has awesome camera and front speakers. Did you...

Thats genius! Thanks man. Ill definitely look into that for sure! Much Appreciated!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I go through a ton of phones and IMO the Nexus 6P is the best phone ever made. I usually have at least 3 or 4 complaints about devices but I can't complain about anything with the Nexus 6P although I do wish it had OIS for better 4k video recording. It's fast, Battery lasts a good amount of time (Getting 4-6 hrs SOT and I run it with brightness at full), the display is beautiful, the camera takes the best low light shots of any phone I've used as well as great shots in any conditions (just always have HDR mode enabled for best shots), It has the best audio of any smartphone on the market IMO, not quite as deep tones as the boomsound speakers on HTC devices but still has nice amount of depth and is much louder which means you can hear it even in busy city streets. The design and build are very good as well. Then there's updates being frequent and first and it being the most secure Android device on the market as well as being able to already update it to the Android N beta which is pretty BA on the larger display with the multitasking additions they've made to the OS. I could easily be happy using it for the next couple years if I wasn't able to get a new phone which is huge because I'm someone who gets bored of phones very quick due to some imperfections getting to me after a couple months, but I love my Nexus 6P and it will be hard for any device to take me away from it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

I go through a ton of phones and IMO the Nexus 6P is the best phone ever made. I usually have at ...

Awesome Paul. Thanks a lot. This is what I wanted to see. Thanks for your honest opinion. Do u think I should wait for this years Nexus to launch to see what's coming out. Or you like the 6p good enough to say go for it.
Userlevel 4
Hi Chad, the 6P is widely considered the best Android phone available, not only due to the specs, but also because it runs pure Android with no "bloatware" whatsoever. As you may have noticed from recent threads about Android updates, the Nexus devices are always first in line! The 6P is one of a handful of phones that offer stereo speakers (the Nexus 6, HTC M8 & M9, and believe ir or not -- the second gen Moto G) are the others. That is one feature I wish my Moto X Play had for when I am streaming video (its cousin, the Moto X Style, also known as the Moto X Pure, has them ... but is not available in Canada). On the flip side, one downside of the 6P compared to your G3 is that the battery is not removable. You could go on Amazon or eBay and pick up an extended life battery that is 2.5 or 3x the capacity of your stock battery and literally go days between having to charge. I bought one of these for my old Galaxy S3 and it is great! In the end, if you can justify the cost (I second the tip of getting it on Tab then paying it off 3 months later), go for it!
Userlevel 4
Chad, is your G3 the 32GB version? If so, then your phone, aside from the LG bloatware, lack of Marshmallow (at least for another couple weeks), and stereo speakers, is pretty close to the 6P specs. You have 3GB RAM, slightly smaller screen (5.5 to the 5.7 of the 6P), and same memory card expandability. Your G3 screen actually has better resolution (pixels per inch) than the 6P. I would wait for the Marshmallow update before making a decision. News on the 6P's sucessor will begin to filter out before you know it and will obviously be built to showcase the best of Android N.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
JeremyESQ wrote:

Chad, is your G3 the 32GB version? If so, then your phone, aside from the LG bloatware, lack of ...

Thanks. I've been running MM for a little over a month now. Stock and aosp. I just want something different but similar. So the 6p was front runner. But with a new Nexus device. Potentially designed and manufactured by HTC. I think I may wait to see what's coming before I jump on it. Thanks for all the info.
How long is the battery life for Nexus 5? 
And what version of android are you using?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sehajpreet Lubana wrote:

How long is the battery life for Nexus 5? 
And what version of android are you using?

Getting 3-4hrs SOT at best. And running 6.0.1DU Rom.