Koodo Community

Community

Solved

they sold me the wrong kind of phone and now they wont refund me !

So i went to the koodo store in the 5 points mall to get a new phone to use on my pre paid account.( i now am on just a regular account) i picked out a phone told the guy id like to use it on my pre paid he said ok , rung it up and it was more then advertised . Tried the phone for a day and realized I hate it . Figured i had 15 days i went in the next day to return it . But they wont refund me cuz they say i bought an outright non activated phone and that their final sale ! Noone said anything about that! If i had known that or if he had said this is final sale i wouldnt have bought it! And i wanted a pre paid phone to put my sim card in not a non activated phone ! Its the samsung galaxy grand prime that they sold me . I just want my money back what should i do??

31 replies

Userlevel 7
I don't think what the rep was saying was true. Regardless if its activated on the Koodo network as a new activation, you should have the 15 days to return it.
They told me i bought an outright (non activated) phone it says on their bills that they are final sale and cannot be refunded or exchanged . I didnt want a non activated phone i wanted a pre paid one
I just bought the phone it wasnt a new activation i already had the pre paid sim in a different phone
jessica wrote:

I just bought the phone it wasnt a new activation i already had the pre paid sim in a different p...

Theoretically they are right since the bill says it is a final sale. But almost no one reads the bills. So they should find some alternate to make you satisfied if they cannot allow you a full refund.
Userlevel 7
Could we get a bit of clarification? We are trying to figure this one out. Did you buy the phone at the actual [b]KOODOstore or was it a 3rd party seller that sold refurbs, etc. 

What type of plan did they sell you? Did you set-up a pre-paid account or a post-paid account?

What is the exact date of purchase on your receipt?

Can you attach a picture of the phone on your answer? Front & Back, any little scratches or dents on the phone at all?
Yes i bought it at a koodo store. I alreasy had a pre paid sim set up . The phone still has the plastic on it that it came with and i bought it aug 11 /2015

Userlevel 7
jessica wrote:

Yes i bought it at a koodo store. I alreasy had a pre paid sim set up . The phone still has the ...

Well, there is nothing that should be stopping you from returning that phone. perhaps the guy just didn't want to lose a sale. According to Koodo's return policy you can return the phone to any of the Koodo stores. You said you got it at the five points mall, so I'm going to assume your in the Oshawa area and recommend you go try to return it at the Oshawa Centre.
My receipt is with my phone . The second guy i went to talk to when i went to return it highlighted the non refundable part which is probably going to screw me over . I went to the oshawa center and they said they cant help me because the koodo in the 5 points is an authorized dealer and can do whatever they want there ( i didnt know there was two types o atores!) and that thwy ve had many ppl come from the five points to them like i did yesterday in tears . She said i could try talking to the manager but that shes dealt withhim before and that hes a dick . Ive tried calling in to 5 points since this happened on the 12 th and they keep giving me the run around on talking to the manager ! Thi is stressing me out! I just want my money back 😢
Userlevel 3
jessica wrote:

My receipt is with my phone . The second guy i went to talk to when i went to return it highlight...

I would just like to chime in a little bit here and say the fact that a koodo employee would speak about another koodo employee like that is absolutely horrendous especially when the stores are in such close proximity to say something like that to try and get a customer to come to you in all honest is rather pathetic. Salesmanship should be based off your customer service and ability to actual sell something not bad mouthing the other guys.  

Second of all, when you go to walmart and buy a video game does every single cashier tell you what the return policy is? I'm going to say no. Because as a consumer it is your responsibility to make your self aware of what it is you are subjecting your self too.  As with every sales rep, cashier, manager, supervisor, or owner when you make a sale the assumption is NOT "Hey I'm going to sell this to you expecting you to bring it back in a day or two"  that's just not how business works.  At the very least the company had the common courtesy to put down what the policy was on the receipt well most companies will just put a simple (*Some Conditions Apply).

I am sick and tired of the "victim" mentality that has taken over the majority of all consumers and people in general.  The truth is not everyone one in the world is out to "get you" or purposely "screw you over" as a customer it is YOUR responsibility that you are doing the proper research into what YOU will be getting it is not the store nor the sales reps fault that YOU were a careless consumer. 

Finally just to try and hopefully save some of the credibility of that store I can say that I have personally been to the koodo at 5 points mall and always received A1 customer service. The reps are always forthcoming and will to tell you what you need to know as long as you ask the right questions but just like everyone else on this planet they can't read your mind and tell you exactly what you want without any input from you.  Make sense? As for the Oshawa Center there have been times where I have had to deal with them for different services or because it was just more convenient and more often than not I am met by someone who can barely pry them self away from their own phone or am forced to wait in line with no acknowledgement of my existence for as long as an hour. And they are always quick to blame the other stores in the area for something thats happened just so they can shift the responsibility away from themselves.  

If you ask me it seems as if there is a rather big disconnect somewhere along the line from a corporate perspective as koodo stores and retailers should never be bad mouthing one another.  Ultimately it just starts to create a negative image around the company and we all know koodo is having enough problems with that the last couple months. Now for who ever the rep at the Oshawa Center is that made this comment should at the vary least be written up for saying what he did about another stores manager   and koodo employee and then someone hire up should be coming in to resolve whatever issue it is that seems to be happening between stores in the area and get reps back to helping customers instead of bad mouthing each other.

Sorry for the rant most of it does not pertain to the situation directly but I just feel as if something needed to be said. 
Userlevel 5
jessica wrote:

My receipt is with my phone . The second guy i went to talk to when i went to return it highlight...

Most REPUTABLE STORES have final sales policies POSTED, in such a manner that you can't miss them. KOODO has a 15 day return policy. Period period period. You sell Koodo Products, you obide to Koodo Policy. Period.
Userlevel 7
Good news! The associate lied, and Koodo contacted the store and they will accept the return. I would recommend waitting until tomorrow to make sure the manager has time to let the associate know.
Userlevel 3
Mathieu wrote:

Good news! The associate lied, and Koodo contacted the store and they will accept the return. I w...

Good for you Mathieu for straightening this out for Jessica.
Userlevel 7
Mathieu wrote:

Good news! The associate lied, and Koodo contacted the store and they will accept the return. I w...

I can't take all the credit for this. It was many of my fellow MMs that brought this up to Koodo's attention and one of our contact's that streightened out the situation for the customer. I'm glad we were all able to help get this resolved
Mathieu wrote:

Why would you give me false information? To get my hopes up? The manager at 5 points was never contacted by koodo
Userlevel 7
Mathieu wrote:

Jessica, I was not trying to get your hopes up. We have contacts with Koodo and they told us that they had talked to the store to allow you to do the exchange.
Thank you! So what do i do? Go into 5 points tomorrow and say Koodo was supposed to contact them about my situation and allow me to return the phone?
Userlevel 7
Pretty much yeah.
Ok i hope they dont give me any hassle about it . Thank you again ! I will comment tomorrow to let everyone know what happened
Authorized dealer retailers are independent businesses that may have slightly different products, prices, or policies vs. other retailers. The phone you purchased was not activated on Koodo (it was purchased as an outright to-go device and could have been unlocked, or used on another network by the customer). Therefore, the return policy was different than what it would be for a phone purchased and activated on Koodo. It's actually quite clear on that receipt, that the retailer offers the same return policy on Koodo activated phones, but is final sale on outright sale devices. Read your receipts, or ask about the return policy ahead of time in the future, espescially when purchasing electronic products! Return policies vary from retailer to retailer.
Userlevel 5
Dustin Wilde wrote:

Authorized dealer retailers are independent businesses that may have slightly different products,...

Your missing the point. "Read the receipt"??? Read the reciept, is AFTER the fact. After you pay, you can read the reciept and the fact that you cannot return the product? I suggest that style of sales practice is deceptive.
Userlevel 3
Dustin Wilde wrote:

Authorized dealer retailers are independent businesses that may have slightly different products,...

Absolutely deceptive and a hidden policy until sale is confirmed by printed receipt. I bet the Better Business Bureau would be very interested if you were to take the time and effort to file a complaint. Just make sure the return policy is no where in site other than the receipt and document same either with photo's (hard to do without revealing your purpose) and/or take a witness to verify lack of posted policy.
Userlevel 5
Dustin Wilde wrote:

Personally I think this is a one off, Koodo Agent employee, who mistakenly thought that the 15 day Koodo Policy, was included the the Agents, accessories policy. The fact is it happened. Customer came on this site for help and Mobile Masters, kicked it upstairs and Koodo took swift action to correct an inconvenient human error. That in and of itself is Great Customer Service!
Dustin Wilde wrote:

Koodo hasnt resolved this yet
Userlevel 2
Dustin Wilde wrote:

You can always go on 60 Min, Kood might Not like that Publicity, but if all else fails, That's a start Also, Returns are Usually 15 Day, No more than 30 Min of Aitime on System Mem
Badge +4
Dustin Wilde wrote:

Makkahn, if this were a widespread problem, then yes that might warrant investigation. It isn't a widespread problem and Koodo has acted proactively in this matter. It's also my understanding that this is an authorized dealer and not a Koodo kiosk/boutique. It may take a day or two before the rep gets official word from Koodo, so let's not over react.