Koodo Community

Community

Solved

They didn't take last month's bill out of my account on time, and now I'm being charged for it. How do I fix it?

I have my tab set up to automatically be taken out of my bank account. It's often a week or two late, sometimes deducting as late as the 9th, but I've never had a problem with it before. However, this time, it didn't take it out at all, and now it's charging me a late fee for last month and I have two bills to pay. How do I fix it? 

15 replies

Also, is the nsf chq a late fee or something else? Because it's 25 dollars that I've never paid before. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
"It's often a week or two late..."
 - They usually taking out your money before your due date if you set up pre-auto pay. 
If you have charged nsf from your bank, then Koodo couldn't receive payment from you. 
That explain why you have late charge and have 2 bills to pay.
Mayumi wrote:

- They usually taking out your money before your due dat...

But I had more than enough money in my account to pay the bill. Was it a bank error or something?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

If you never had a problem with Koodo taking out money from your bank, yet Koodo is charging you late fee plus 2 month bill... it means Koodo couldn't get/receive money from your bank.

If you have enough money in your account, then you should check with your bank.
NSF might be from different payment or mistake too.
But I would ask them(bank) why you have NSF, and couldn't make payment to Koodo.
Mayumi wrote:

I'll call them, then. Do you know how I could talk to a Koodo agent to see about fixing it?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

I would check with your bank first, and see why your payments aren't going through. As Mayumi said it sounds more like a problem with your bank and contacting Koodo is probably not going to help (yet) 🙂
Mayumi wrote:

Okay, turns out there was some weirdness with payments coming out at the same time, and technically for, like, five minutes I was overdrafted, which is fantastic on the bank's part, but whatever. I went to go put a payment down manually, but it's not letting me use my debit account to do it. What's going on now?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

What kind of errors are you getting?
Mayumi wrote:

I too have been given an overcharge, and I found out why.  I see that someone at Koodo typed in the wrong bank number.  I put in the correct one.  Now it may be that the bank I'm using is changing its name and turning into a different one but I have brand new checks with that number so it SHOULD be right. As a result Koodo should NOT be charging me for putting in the wrong number.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

What do you mean someone at Koodo typed in the wrong bank number? I don't believe they do put your bank info for you. Do you pay your bill through online banking or checks?
Mayumi wrote:

Yes, I pay online banking.  I typed in what was on my check bottom.  The code for the bank was different online.  They didn't put the money through.  I went down to a branch of Koodo today to see if I could straighten this out.  The clerk had to make a long call to customer service.  She said it was set to go through on Nov. 3, but the bank code had changed.  THAT was wrong.  I believe it may be because the bank I'm with is reverting back to the original PARENT company. That might be it, but I DON'T want another instance of the money NOT coming out and ME being hit with a late fee.  I DIDN'T PAY LATE I shouldn't be hit with the fee.
Mayumi wrote:

What are all these points for BTW?!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

They just indicate your frequency of participation in the community.
Mayumi wrote:

I would have preferred that your response be about the problem rather than a passing question.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

@Laura When is your billing date? I would make payment as soon as you received bill. (Check your online banking settings again if your Koodo'account number is correctly set.) Then you can check your self serve, say 5 days after you made payment, so, you can see updated balance on your account. I would check bank statement too, to see if it made through. This will make sure your payment is made on time and you don't need to worry about late fees.