Koodo Community

Community

Solved

The tab

I am currently a Koodo customer and love it! But I am looking at upgrading to the Galaxy S5, can I putthe phone on tab without acactivating it on my current account right away? I only ask because I live in a small town that doesn't have a Koodo store and my parents are going to a city nearby next week and offered to pick up the phone for me and I ddon't want to be without the use of my phone all day as I use it for work quite often. Thanks!

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You should be able to but if the account is in your name then your parents won't be able to pick up the phone for you as you will have to be there as far as I know. If they are able to pick it up and they do have to activate it on your account then all you'd have to do is after they activate it and your parents leave the kiosk they can just call you and let you know that the transaction is complete. Then you can log into self serve and reactivate your old SIM / Phone again and away you go. Then when they get home with your new phone you can activate that new SIM Card again in the S5 and away you go again.
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

You should be able to but if the account is in your name then your parents won't be able to pick ...

Thank you!
Userlevel 6
Hi there, a more simple option exists. Call us and simply ask the representative to add one of your parent as an "Account Administrator". That way, your mother/father will be able to get the phone for you at the kiosk and you'll just activate it when they are back! Note that the current Tab -if you have one- must be paid in full before you upgrade. You can pay it in store or request to have it charged on your next bill (go to Self Serve - Koodo Tab). For more information about the new Tabs: http://koo.do/NIa8qQ. Thank you and enjoy the Galaxy S5, it's a great phone 🙂 ________________________ If you see a good answer, give it a star.
Yannick wrote:

Hi there, a more simple option exists. Call us and simply ask the representative to add one of yo...

What number would I need to call?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yannick wrote:

Hi there, a more simple option exists. Call us and simply ask the representative to add one of yo...

*611 from your Koodo phone 🙂