Koodo Community

Community

The pc doesn't show the phone folders like dcim

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Which phone do you have? You might have to enable it in your phone settings to allow a computer to access your phone's folders.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

Which phone do you have? You might have to enable it in your phone settings to allow a computer t...

When you plug your phone in unlock your phone and there should be a notification. Click on that notification and you will see a bunch of options of what you want to do with the usb device you are plugged into. Choose the one that says, file transfer or something along those lines.
Userlevel 4
The PC "sees" the phone (Moto G play 4th gen) but when I click on the phone icon the PC says the the folder is empty. I tried everything but, what am I missing?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Tiz wrote:

The PC "sees" the phone (Moto G play 4th gen) but when I click on the phone icon the PC says th...

Refer to my comment above and let me know if thats works for you!
Userlevel 4
Tiz wrote:

The PC "sees" the phone (Moto G play 4th gen) but when I click on the phone icon the PC says th...

I tried that first but it did not work
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Tiz wrote:

Did you recieve the notification or just get nothing at all?
Userlevel 4
Tiz wrote:

No notification.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Tiz wrote:

Are you using the charging cord that originally came with the phone? Some cords dont allow the transfer of data.
Userlevel 4
The PC "sees" the phone (Moto G play 4th gen) but when I click on the phone icon the PC says the the folder is empty. I tried everything but, what am I missing?
Badge +4
Tiz wrote:

If you've installed an SD card and chose to format the card as internal storage, you will see only one drive. The drive is encrypted and won't allow access to files. Reverting to portable storage should correct the problem. Possible fix: Disconnect USB cable, go to: Settings > Apps - Show System Apps. Locate and clear data and cache on External Storage and Media Storage. Reboot and allow time for the phone to rebuild the storage and media databases. Connect to USB and select MTP. In some instances where the SD card contains a large number of (media) files, it can take more than five minutes for the databases to rebuild. If this doesn't resolve the issue, the system cache partition may need to be wiped and rebuilt. https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_answer_detail/a_id/111301/p/30,6720,9686