Koodo Community

Community

Solved

The other day I got a warning Security Breach on my phone. Now I have a data charge and I have no data plan

The other day I got a warning Security Breach on my phone. Then I got some strange icons on the top of my phone. Now I have a data charge and I have no data plan

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
That's weird.  Could be malware on your phone?  
DId you find the root cause of your security breach?

Is your data get turned on?
Userlevel 4
Do you have an antivirus app on your phone? Avast and AVG are quite effective and ....free. If you don't, download one and scan your phone. Also download a malware app and, again, scan your phone.
I don't know how I got malware as I don't have wifi and data was turned off and I have never downloaded any app. I finished talking to a friend then right after that the security breach warning came up. Then stuff started to download but then it disappeared. I just use the phone to talk on. I don't even text on it.
Userlevel 7
Bob Jarvis wrote:

I don't know how I got malware as I don't have wifi and data was turned off and I have never down...

how do you know you had a security breach?
Bob Jarvis wrote:

I don't know how I got malware as I don't have wifi and data was turned off and I have never down...

That is what it said on my screen
Userlevel 4
You say that the stuff disappeared. So are you fine now?
Badge +4
Somehow your phone managed to use data, hence the charge. Which Android phone do you have? (make and model). A data charge should also show how many kilobytes/megabytes of data were used. Can you tell us how much data was consumed? One other possibility, if the phone was recently factory reset, this action will automatically re-enable mobile data.
The phone is an LG P500 H. My phone is working ok. The phone was not reset. There was 2.32 MB used. I had Koodo  put a block on the data, now I have to pay 2 dollars a month for that. I am a senior with disabilities and need this phone. I am not very good at technical stuff so I have no idea how I got that Security Breach warning on my phone, it just showed up after talking with a friend.