Koodo Community

Community

Solved

The Nexus 5X has disappeared

Userlevel 1
Would anyone from Koodo like to shed any light on this? I assume it's just poor sales, but is there any chance of the phone returning to the lineup in cheaper form a la the Nexus 5?

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Nobody will know anything about device reintroduction or pricing until it happens however if it does drop in price significantly it wouldn't be until the new Nexus devices are released in September - October and that is if Koodo carries the new models. The Nexus 6P is the only one worth getting right now IMO anyways if your set on a Nexus.
Userlevel 1
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Nobody will know anything about device reintroduction or pricing until it happens however if it d...

Were it a tad smaller so as to fit comfortably in one hand, I would. Alas.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Nobody will know anything about device reintroduction or pricing until it happens however if it d...

If you have a Koodo store nearby, it worth to call them if they have anything left. Sometimes they have different devices as "Pre -Owned" phone too.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The Google Play Store still sells it, and it was only available online at Koodo anyway. The tab no longer does anything other than spread out your payment over 24 months so I don't see any incentive to go with the tab.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
And they sell it for noticeably less than Koodo ever did. This year it had two sales bringing it under 400.
Either get it from google play store directly for $439 or wait few more months for next gen of nexus phone or phones expected to be manufactured by HTC aka A9 and launch would be in few months from now.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I would definitely suggest waiting if you can. It's not like the SD 808/810 aren't capable but thermal throttling makes them no better than previous generation CPUs. The mid range 650/652 have equivalent performance. May a well get a SD820/4gb ram next gen nexus when t time comes.
Userlevel 1
I wish Koodo carried the HTC 10. It's like a laundry list of all the things I want in a phone, right down to the aforementioned SD 820 and the perfect screen size. Still, the new Nexus devices sound exciting.