Koodo Community

Community

Solved

The device I wanted was out of stock and now the price went up. I feel this is unfair and I'm frustrated.

up set went store get samaung a5 neo none left asked when thurs went they had 3 was had to pick up a family now price phone went 0$ to 50$ on a med tab can you help me out everytime go get new phone keep changing the price , i feel i have to switch carriers frustrated

7 replies

Userlevel 7
This is a rather unfortunate thing that happened to you, but sales come and go in any industry, and sometimes it's not advertised when they end. Stock levels fluctuate daily too. There might have been a "while quantities last" disclaimer somewhere on the website. You can try and ask the store manager if there's anything they can do, but it's a tricky situation. This isn't really anyone's fault, it's just unfortunate timing.
Userlevel 7
Grant Baker wrote:

this is the first time and the guy behind the counter is just the same as you just trying to sell...

Hey Grant, Jonathan doesn't work for koodo. He's a volunteer / customer just like myself. We have no interest in selling you anything since we don't profit from your decision. That being said, even if you don't like his answer. It's most likely what's going on. Good luck. Hope you find the answer and device you're looking for.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Grant Baker wrote:

this is the first time and the guy behind the counter is just the same as you just trying to sell...

As an engineer I figure that you would understand supply issues coming up better than most. I'm sure that Koodo would love to sell more neos, given their price points. The Moto X play is 50 dollars cheaper and I was going to say the g is 120 but it's back to regular pricing itself. Still, It compares favourably at 58% the price. And both general perform better compared to non flagship Samsung's.
Userlevel 5
Grant Baker wrote:

Being an engineer doesn't give you any extra importance over anyone else. Unfortunately offers run for limited times, and when that time is over, the promo is gone. Offers run for a lot of reasons, but when sales end, it also usually means the money that was paying for the sale also ends.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Grant Baker wrote:

Being an engineer, you may also wish to brush up on proofreading and proper use of punctuation, or you will find it difficult to garner respect as a professional.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Grant Baker wrote:

What does driving a train have to do with not being able to have a cellphone company to work for? Lol jk
Userlevel 7
Being an engineer doesn't mean you can cop an attitude with people who are trying to explain what happened. I hope you don't make stinks like this over silly things at retail stores either, because we always hated customers like that... I issue RMAs for a computer refurbishing company, I don't sell for this industry anymore. When I did, I was actually too honest with people sometimes and it ended up hurting my sales #s. We were pressured into doing quick and easy sales to get our #s up because that's what the bigwigs wanted, so don't blame us for trying to pay bills and survive like everyone else. You're welcome to escalate the issue with the regional manager of that location to seek a resolution but again, sales come and go. It's not up the store staff to control prices (and to a certain extent, inventory) so I don't know what you expect here. I'm a customer just like you, but I've been on both sides, and I know that this isn't the store's fault. If they were rude about it that may be a separate issue, but at this point you should cut your losses. Maybe look at a comparable alternative device?