Koodo Community

Community

Solved

texts not working with Data on

I am unable to send texts when my data is turned on - what am I doing wrong??

5 replies

what is your device?
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
I guess you have a samsung galaxy ace... this is a known issue with the device, you will have to turn off your data or be connected to wifi for your messages not to fail... I will recommend you to download the widget Data Enabler, you install it on the home screen and this will save you time by disabling/enabling the data only by tapping on an icon... Hope this helps...
Also, if you have the Galaxy Ace and you have issues with sending/receiving texts, make sure you have at least 20MB free internal memory. If I install too many apps and run less than that, I'll start getting weird errors about not being able to receive texts.
Yes we do have the Galaxy Ace. Never thought to look into that before getting it. That's not cool! I will look into the widget you mentioned - hopefully I can figure that out! Wish there was another way around it! Thanks
Andre wrote:

Yes we do have the Galaxy Ace. Never thought to look into that before getting it. That's not cool...

If you just got your Galaxy Ace you should be able to bring it back and trade up to a newer phone. I'd highly recommend it as you'll be fighting for memory with the original Ace. Go for the S2X and you'll have a much nicer experience (as someone who's been able to play with a friend's S2X and fights with his own Galaxy Ace... 🙂