Koodo Community

Community

Solved

texts not being received by iphone friend

My friend has an iphone and she is the only one that doesn't receive my text messages. please help

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Could be an iMessage issue. Does she have it turned on or off and is she receiving texts from other people? Also what phone do you have?
She receives texts from all others. I have the Samsung Galaxy GT S5830D. The last message we were able to exchange was last June and nothing has changed for either of us.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Does she have issues with other friends texting her? Tell her to try Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings No data will be lost except her wifi passwords
Userlevel 4
Did you used to have an iPhone yourself at some point?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

Did you used to have an iPhone yourself at some point?

This could be the issue. If you did have one, make sure you deactivate your phone / imessage
Badge +4
Apart from all the good points already mentioned, if you're in a position to upgrade to a newer phone, I would recommend doing so. I had the s5830D for quite awhile too, but there a number of reasonably priced smartphones out there offering better reliability/dependability than the Galaxy Ace. Just a suggestion. https://shop.koodomobile.com/phones/models/index.html