Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Texting Problems with Nexus 5

I have a Nexus 5. I have been in Florida since end of Dec. I put the text plan for the US on my phone. It has been fine no problems until the last couple of days. When I turn it on it says Emergency Calls Only and I can't send or receive text. Anyone have any ideas?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Are you still in Florida? Is your bill due?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Add-ons don't auto-renew. They expire. If you can't text, call Koodo *611 or 1-866-995-6636, explain the situation and choose another add-on or go on pay-per-use.
Userlevel 7
The entire phone isn't working Bob, shows emergency only. Even if the add on expired, the device should still function.

Floridia is well served by both AT&T and T-Mobile so acquiring signals shouldn't be a problem unless you're in the everglades.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chad Burr wrote:

The entire phone isn't working Bob, shows emergency only. Even if the add on expired, the devi...

Was allowing for the possibility that roaming mistakenly got cancelled when add-on expired. Would have left phone in a similar state... In any event we never heard back from the OP, which is nothing new.
Although the add-on expire, phone should still see the network. You may have already done this, but just in case... - See if you can get to work by forcing a scan of the available networks (Settings -> More... -> Mobile networks -> Network operators -> Select automatically) - Sometimes putting it in airplaine mode and back does the trick, too. Good luck!