Koodo Community

Community

Solved

texting & pictures

My plan says unlimited text & picture. Today a friend texted a picture to me. i had to turn on mobile data to receive the text. Why is my data plan being "charged" for receiving a picture?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Your never charged for receiving the picture, however if u have apps running in the background, you will incurr charges for those apps during the time the data is on to receive the picture.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Data is needed for MMS but you don't get charged for it. There's even a data block feature and it specifically states that it blocks everything but MMS.
Userlevel 7
To avoid this without a data block. Just connect to wifi before you switch data on to grab the photo. Once you have the photo., switch data back off.
Goran - how do I setup the data block for everything but MMS? I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 neo.
How do I setup the data block feature that blocks everything but MMS?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Oh sorry I missed your last post! Go to your self-serve and at the bottom where all the options are, select add/remove/change add-ons and change my monthly add-ons. It'll be in the list.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It's a $2/mo Add-on. 
Loginto self serve > View rate plan > Change my monthly add-on(s) > Data Block w/Pic Msg:$2/mo