Koodo Community

Community

Solved

texting in the UK

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Do you have an issue or want to know how to? You'll need to add International Voice Roaming in self-serve in order to do so.
Goran wrote:

Do you have an issue or want to know how to? You'll need to add International Voice Roaming in se...

My description did not go through. Essentially i added the internation text addon ($15) before leaving Canada and can receive texts from my wife's cell phone, but i cannot send any texts. I get a message saying that the text could not be sent. I am using a Moto E 2gen.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

Do you have an issue or want to know how to? You'll need to add International Voice Roaming in se...

So did you add international Pay-per-use long distance and international voice roaming in self-serve ? They are free add-ons an must be done to roam overseas.
Goran wrote:

Thank you Goran. I did not add these as i assumed that added texts and everything would work. I did not see anything@bout additional add-ons.
Goran wrote:

Goran, i have international voice roaming already added to my account, as well as the international text addon. What am i missing? I do not see one for per use long distance.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

Restart your phone. When you text, is it +1....? Does anything look different from your setup with that of your wife's phone.
Goran wrote:

Could you please tell me if I get the data/text ($40) international 30-day plan whether it will work in Doha, Qatar and Dubai, UAE? I am visiting my sister for Christmas and it would be convenient to be able to text home. Please advise -- thank you.
Goran wrote:

Yes it works. your minutes will be working for all those countries but it is from UAE to UAE/canada, from DOHA to doha/canada. you get 50min incoming outgoing and voice mails, 50 text sent(<160characters per text) and 50mb of data.
Goran wrote:

Yes it works. your minutes will be working for all those countries but it is from UAE to UAE/canada, from DOHA to doha/canada. you get 50min incoming outgoing and voice mails, 50 text sent(<160characters per text) and 50mb of data.
Goran wrote:

Good to know. I know the minutes and data won't last too long but it's a good back up to wattsapp with wifi. Appreciate the quick reply - thank you.