Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Texting failure

My texts come back as failed but the recipient gets the message 4 times... help?

23 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Does it happen with just one person or several? Consistently? When did it start? After an update or just out of the blue?
Several people... just started happening this morni g
I texted a friend and it came back to me as failed.. so i resent a couple more times with the aame failed message returning... he messaged me on fb saying he git the message 25 times and had replied twice that i never received
Same problem and with all contacts.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can try restarting your phone, resetting network settings (will delete WiFi and Bluetooth saved connections) and if that doesn't fix it I will forward it to see if theres some sort of issue.
Goran wrote:

You can try restarting your phone, resetting network settings (will delete WiFi and Bluetooth sav...

I have the same problem... i rebooted and still have problem
Goran wrote:

You can try restarting your phone, resetting network settings (will delete WiFi and Bluetooth sav...

Moi aussi redémarre et encore problème wtf?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What phones do you guys have? Is it the same phone?
Robert wrote:

So any update???
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

We are still waiting to hear. It could be a few hours. You could also send a private message to Koodo via Facebook Messenger or DM via Twitter but that'll also take a couple hours. No idea what 611 wait times are like right now.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

No need to send a message, it looks like the problem has been solved.

there was degradation of voice and SMS services in Eastern Canada a couple of hours ago impacting selected customers. The techie guys reset some of the switched and things seem to have been resolved.

Samsung neo
Même problème à matin mon chum également (nous avons le même modèle Samsung s6)
Its been fixed... all my texts are now functioning
Mine is still not working
Galaxy S6 and all text messages are coming back failed to send. Tried retarting phone with no resolution
Mine not working either.  it's an LG not a Samsung.  Sending failed, but recipient received 75 times.  So i turned my phone off, took out battery and SIM.. only way it would stop sending repeatedly. 
I am also having this issue since this morning with all texts/contacts I have Galaxy S7....Its super frustrating
Same issue on S8+ here in Windsor, Ontario. If I drop to 4G the issue goes away.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
There was degradation of voice and SMS services in Eastern Canada a couple of hours ago impacting some customers. The problem seem to have been resolved.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Folks, there was indeed degradation of services in Eastern Canada for some customers. We have identified the issue and it seems the problem have now been resolved. We are still investigating whether physical damage to the network or something else that has contributed to this. Thanks for your patience while we were trying hard to fix things!
Mine is now sending messages but I'm not receiving any.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Darrek Thornton wrote:

Mine is now sending messages but I'm not receiving any.

Hope your phone is up and running again Darrek. A complete restart typically help restore the health of your phone after an outage. If you are still having issues pls contact us via private message on Facebook and we can take a look.