Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Text To Email Message

Galaxy Discover-Cannot send text message to email, I fill in the To field with an email address, message does not send, error "your message has no valid recipients".

14 replies

Userlevel 7
If you're using the stock messaging app you may want to switch to goSMS pro or chomp. Check the settings of the stock app to be sure it's setup to automatically send those messages as mms
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Test to email functions like a picture message. You need to make sure your Mobile Data in enabled
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chad Burr wrote:

If you're using the stock messaging app you may want to switch to goSMS pro or chomp. Check th...

I highly recommend Chomp. I even use it on my iphone. But on iPhone it's called Bite lol
Dennis wrote:

Test to email functions like a picture message. You need to make sure your Mobile Data in enabled

Incorrect, Cheers.
Userlevel 2
Dennis wrote:

That is actually correct JS. When a text is sent to an email, it is sent as an MMS.
Chad Burr wrote:

If you're using the stock messaging app you may want to switch to goSMS pro or chomp. Check th...

Reset to default, did not solve the issue. Cheers.
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

And you tried chomp or goSMS Pro?
Dennis wrote:

I meant I tested your theory, I enabled data, it did not work, therefore incorrect solution. Cheers.
Userlevel 4
Dennis wrote:

Technically, it is correct that you need data enabled for mms.
Userlevel 4
Chad Burr wrote:

I just tested using my email as the recipient and the text went through as an mms and I got it in my email a few seconds later. Are you able to browse the internet with no issues on the device? Are you connected to wifi for this or the mobile data?
Chad Burr wrote:

With wifi and data both on, the same error occurs, "your message has no valid recipients".
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you sent a picture message to another cell, does it work?
Thank you all for the quick replies. Apparently Koodo was kind enough to put on a Data block on their end without my consent. Block removed on their end. Solved. Cheers all. How do I mark as solved?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
J S wrote:

Thank you all for the quick replies. Apparently Koodo was kind enough to put on a Data block on ...

Don't worry koodo will mark it as solved. Glad it works now