Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Text Messages Delivered Late

Userlevel 1
My Note 2 has been having what I call "sticky" texts, where someone will text me and it will show up anywhere from ten minutes to over an hour late, even though the time stamp will say it was sent an hour ago. This is a chronic problem lately, and I'm thinking it has to do with the network, though I have no real idea what might cause it. Sometimes it will be fine, message back and forth to my wife fine, then everything will go quiet and I'll send another, knocking them loose and get three or four messages in a row. What could cause this, and how can I fix it?

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Has this been happening just recently Sean? How's the coverage in your area? You could try taking the battery and sim out of your phone for about a minute and reinsert them to refresh everything. Let us know if the problem still persists afterwards.
Userlevel 1
The coverage is consistently good, I'm near a big city so that's never an issue. It's been this way since I've gotten the phone over a month ago, but it's an inconsistent problem. I will give it a try, thanks!
I have this same issue.  I live in Toronto, and consistently have full signal.

A text message from my wife vibrated my phone at 2:23pm today, but she sent it (and it was timestamped on my phone as received) at 2:01pm.  Similar to Sean's problem, I can also be texting my wife just fine, and then it seems like the conversation stops, only to find out that 3-4 messages she sent over 20 minutes prior aren't received by my phone until I send her a message about something else altogether, and it ends up looking like I'm ignoring her.  We're both Koodo customers, for what it's worth.

Typically nothing extremely time-sensitive is ever sent via text message, but this does get annoying, because I have to wonder if my incoming calls are also being bounced somehow during these 20+ minute spans of "dead zone" time.
Userlevel 1
your best bet would be to call in as it could be a issue on the service end rather then your phone end and they will be able to look in to it further. it could also be a faulty sim card.
Userlevel 1
Todd wrote:

your best bet would be to call in as it could be a issue on the service end rather then your phon...

When I talked to Koodo they mentioned that they saw messages that had waited to be delivered to the device, and told me that it was my phone or sim card most likely. But I had the SIM replaced and it still exhibited the same behavior. Since updating to 5.1 Lollipop on this same phone, it seems to have stopped, or at least reduced the frequency of stuck messages. Thanks though!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
There's a lot of reading available if you type in [b][i]note 2 messaging in the search box at the top of the page. It's not an unknown issue, though many phones are trouble-free.
Userlevel 1
BobTheElectrician wrote:

There's a lot of reading available if you type in [b][i]note 2 messaging in the search bo...

From what I was able to find out in my searching, there's an inherent problem between the Note 2 and KitKat, I'm not sure exactly what it is. After I updated to 5.1 Lollipop, the problem seemed to have stopped or at least slowed.
Userlevel 1
It's not a faulty sim card, or phone I think. One of the attempts I made was going to a kiosk and having them replace the Sim card, with no apparent resolution, but also when my screen broke, I sent it in to Geeksquad for repair. I'm not sure if they replaced my phone or just the screen, but the problem still existed. Finally I managed to load a custom 5.1 Lollipop build onto it, and the problems seem to have been fixed. Something is bad between the Note 2 and Kitkat, from what I've read.