Koodo Community

Community

Text in SMS changing when sent.

I have an HTC One m9. it is just under two years old. I have a monthly plan with unlimited messaging. 
Starting today there has been issues when texting. The texts go through no problem, however on the receiving end of the message the text changed halfway through the message. On my end it shows what I typed, but on the receiving end it shows that halfway through the message the sentence/text has changed. It seems to change to a sentence that was sent in that particular thread (with that person) a week previous, or earlier.
Both times this happened with two different people and they immediately sent me a screenshot of what they received from me, which is not what it shows is sent on my end. On my end it shows me exactly what I typed.
The first person this happened with was my husband who is also with Koodo. And the other person is with a different service provider. These are the two people who I text the most frequently and I don't know if it is a network issue (my husbands messages have not been doing this though), or if it is something wrong with my phone in particular.
I would really appreciate some help and insight if anyone knows how to fix this issue.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Does this occur when you try a different texting app?

You can download a different texting app to test this.  Ex. Textra, Chomp SMS
Dennis wrote:

You can download a different texting app t...

No, I'm just using the basic messenger that came with my phone. But I will try a different app as well. That might work. Thanks!
Dennis wrote:

Actually both these people use the facebook SMS texting app and I do not. Would that have something to do with that?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

It's hard to say.  You eliminated the chance that it was a carrier specific issue.  Noe we need to test one by one the different variables to narrow it down to the root cause
Dennis wrote:

Sounds good. I will try different things and see what happens. I had restarted my phone twice and it had continued, but I ended up just shutting off my phone and left it off for 15 minutes before turning it back on. I am still messaging them the same way and told them to let me know if the issue continues. It's possible the straight shut off may have helped. I will also check it for updates and update it if there are some available. I can keep you posted if nothing works. Thanks for the help! 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

If you are willing/able to perhaps lose your current messages, you can go into app settings => (your current messaging app) and then delete the cache and settings to start afresh.

Just restarting your phone will not fix a bad cache file once it's taken root.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You could also try deleting the thread and starting a new one.
David wrote:

You could also try deleting the thread and starting a new one.

Thanks. I can try this as well.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello Jessica,

Was your problem solved?