Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Temporary phones?

My phone has been seized for an investigation, there is no knowing when my phone will be returned. Is there such thing as rental or loner phones until mines is returned?

4 replies

Userlevel 5
In your case I don't think so.  If it was sent in for warranty repair I think there is a loaner program.  
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You have to contact Customer Service to see what can be done. They make exceptions all the time. If you are told not to have a phone during the investigation than no you cant. They may hand over a loaner , but they may not. TBH, i bet its safe to say they will not. As its not in anyway shape or form their fault(ie fault hardware ) So by law they are not required to give you one. Best of luck. If you really need one, you may want to go buy a cheap throw away phone during the time your phone is with police.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chadwick wrote:

You have to contact Customer Service to see what can be done. They make exceptions all the time. ...

Check out places that do repairs or used phone sales on Kijiji. You may find someone willing to make a purchase/return deal.
Chadwick wrote:

You have to contact Customer Service to see what can be done. They make exceptions all the time. ...

You may find it worth your while to see if there is a local retailer that sells factory refurbished phones.  For instance, Factory Direct offers refurbished /unlocked phones that are guaranteed not to be blacklisted and have a warranty.  You could also try buying an unlocked new phone from retailers such as Best Buy or Staples - but these generally are more expensive.